Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

TWOT - Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament

Old Testament Theology

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 May 2021 - 01:32 AM

I need it 

I have one, the kind that is about as kosher as pork is to a Jew. (and it runs on the latest version of e-Sword), but that stops with me as I don't want to contribute to the illicit distribution of it. I also have a copy of the Abridged Edition of the TDNT, and that also stops with me for the same reason as the TWOT.

With that said, the only way you will get either or both of TWOT and TDNT legitimately is through legal sources, of which there isn't any at this moment.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 May 2021 - 01:32 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#32 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 28 May 2021 - 10:42 PM

Teasing people about TWOT.  Oh my!

Holladay Lexicon is up but you need Hebrew to find words.
https://books.google...epage&q&f=false

Use firefox not google.

Edited by anh Mike, 28 May 2021 - 10:45 PM.

#33 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:30 AM

I have one, the kind that is about as kosher as pork is to a Jew. (and it runs on the latest version of e-Sword), but that stops with me as I don't want to contribute to the illicit distribution of it. I also have a copy of the Abridged Edition of the TDNT, and that also stops with me for the same reason as the TWOT.

Just an observation, but you've already contributed to the "illicit distribution" by accepting it.  :)

#34 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 02:38 PM

Just an observation, but you've already contributed to the "illicit distribution" by accepting it.  :)

Well, that was a very long time ago. As to where I when I got it, I think it was from the days of e-Sword 9x or 10x. As to where I got it from, I do know that. And that is where my contribution ended. As to me having given a copy to anyone else, well because I'm a sadistic and mean kind of person, the answer is, No!

Bad.gif

Make em suffer

Gotta love that.

So on that note, be blessed,
Stephen (Php 1:21).

Edited by APsit190, 18 August 2021 - 02:38 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#35 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 18 August 2021 - 03:15 PM

Me thinks Stephen and I have been around since before the Bible Support days, if memory serves back then it was "esword users". I guess you might call those the wild west days of the internet. I came across both TDNT & TWOT and since there was no restriction on them I took them. At that time many of the files that we see as pay files now were just out there on the net. It was when companies thought that they could make money that they started to put copyright notices up and charging for them.

I like Stephen have them for personal use.

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#36 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 06:17 PM

Me thinks Stephen and I have been around since before the Bible Support days, if memory serves back then it was "esword users". I guess you might call those the wild west days of the internet. I came across both TDNT & TWOT and since there was no restriction on them I took them. At that time many of the files that we see as pay files now were just out there on the net. It was when companies thought that they could make money that they started to put copyright notices up and charging for them.

I like Stephen have them for personal use.

Just had a memory flash back. I can't believe it!

You're right, it was "e-Sword Users," which was (if memory serves me correctly) a Yahoo Group of which it had quite a few resources one could download. Moreover, I think it was from there that I also obtained a copy of the KJV+TVM, as with the TWOT and the TDNT. Oh, and by-the-way, that was originally from the days of e-Sword 7x and 8x. You know, the days of MS Access Database files that always made e-Sword crash, and had more problems with it that you could poke a stick at.

Interestingly, I don't think Yahoo Groups exists anymore.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 28 January 2022 - 06:18 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#37 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 29 January 2022 - 03:41 PM

Have to be careful there Stephen. The young bucks on here may start to think we ran with the dinosaurs. :rolleyes: 

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#38 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 11:26 PM

Have to be careful there Stephen. The young bucks on here may start to think we ran with the dinosaurs. :rolleyes:

Actually I claim to be a million years old. Just don't tell anyone 'cos they won't believe you.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21

Edited by APsit190, 30 January 2022 - 11:27 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users