Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Android Phones

22 replies to this topic

#11 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

Hi. Yes that would be great. I don't use it but I know some people would like it. How do you use the converter (to convert the Word to MySword)?

Josh what about Pocket e-Sword? Since Pocket e-Sword ended - is it ok to upload premium modules?

thanks again
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#12 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

Hi. Yes that would be great. I don't use it but I know some people would like it. How do you use the converter (to convert the Word to MySword)?

Josh what about Pocket e-Sword? Since Pocket e-Sword ended - is it ok to upload premium modules?

thanks again

You have to download the converter from the mysword website. The converters for Bibles, Commentaries, and Dictionaries are run from DOS, so you need a windows machine to use them.

I have found that some theWord modules will not convert as is, but if I go into the module properties for the module and make it into a user made module by checking the box, and uncheck the compression boxes, then the theWord modules will convert.

The mySword folks, even said that they are adding functionality to read theWord book files. It is coming out in beta next week. This feature may be a donation only feature.

mySword has even more features already than pocket e sword did. I think it would be great on a tablet.

#13 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

If you folks want, I can add a Download area for mySword files that anyone wants to share.

If you do that, can I make two requests:
* That they can be downloaded by the Android device that they will be used with;
* That they not be compressed, self-installing, or require any other user action to get them to a state where they can be used by the program.

#14 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

Since Pocket e-Sword ended - is it ok to upload premium modules?

Those resources are still under copyright.

#15 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

If you do that, can I make two requests:
* That they can be downloaded by the Android device that they will be used with;
* That they not be compressed, self-installing, or require any other user action to get them to a state where they can be used by the program.

To get the resources to work, you have to get them in the mysword folder on your android device. Does an apple computer not allow you to copy and paste files from the computer to your android memory stick?

#16 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

To get the resources to work, you have to get them in the mysword folder on your android device. Does an apple computer not allow you to copy and paste files from the computer to your android memory stick?

Tihs site is navigable (website detects mobile users, shows them the mobile template) on the Droid. So a user could just download the module to their phone. Now getting it to the right folder might be tricky for many people. Which is why I believe most people will copy the module from their pc to their droid over the USB connection and place it in the right folder that way. Droid files are installed via an APK, and I've made those before. But I would think most people out this far on the cutting edge of technology could probably just install it themselves.

#17 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

Hi all,

I have uploaded more commentaries to the mediafire link for mysword.

http://www.mediafire.../?3d24719h3xyds

I think I have converted over most of the commentaries that I will use. If there are any non copyrighted Bibles, Dictionaries, or Commentaries that you would like to see in mysword let me know and I will convert them for you.

I will keep all files at the link above until Josh creates a spot for them on this site.

If you have a droid, and you have not tried mysword yet, give it a try. It is designed very similar to pocket e sword, except it has even more features.

Peter

#18 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

To get the resources to work, you have to get them in the mysword folder on your android device.

To rephrase my request.
  • Provide them in a format so that all that has to be done is to download them from the website, straight into the mysword folder;
  • No messing about with other operating systems;
  • No messing about with other programs;

Does an apple computer not allow you to copy and paste files from the computer to your android memory stick?

The more important question is why should an intermediate device be required?

There should be no restrictions related to either the device, or OS that the files are downloaded to.

#19 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hi all,

I have uploaded more commentaries to the mediafire link for mysword.

http://www.mediafire.../?3d24719h3xyds

I think I have converted over most of the commentaries that I will use. If there are any non copyrighted Bibles, Dictionaries, or Commentaries that you would like to see in mysword let me know and I will convert them for you.

I will keep all files at the link above until Josh creates a spot for them on this site.

If you have a droid, and you have not tried mysword yet, give it a try. It is designed very similar to pocket e sword, except it has even more features.

Peter

Sorry man, running a little behind. I created the MySword section in the Downloads. In the next day or two, I'll make the section stand out from the e-Sword stuff better. Let me know of any changes this section needs to its structure, labels, etc.

#20 zeke77

zeke77

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

can someone explain how I can download the pulpit commentary directly to my droid? Thanks.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users