Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Welcome

10 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

Welcome aboard everyone! Let's spread the word about this new resource!

#2 grams

grams

PrayerRequest.com Admin

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

I would like to give a hearty welcome to myself as a new member.

#3 Samwise

Samwise

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorth Florida

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

Just wanted to say "Hi" and a big "Thank you" for starting this resource. :D

#4 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

I echo the thanks for this site. I will be praying that God richly blesses this ministry.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

I echo the thanks for this site. I will be praying that God richly blesses this ministry.

Welcome aboard Journey. Thank you for uploading the files too!

#6 car54

car54

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMinn.

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hi Josh, and thank you :) As a new member here I found your excellent work on the Unofficial e-Sword User Manual very helpful. It helped to answer 2 questions that I had (that now no longer need to ask here ;)) as far as "un-highlighting" a verse (I didn't see the white box option, until I saw your instructions) and how to hide some of the Bible versions on the tabs, Resource/Options/Bible Tabs.

Thanks again, as that resource has already paid dividends for me, and I Bookmarked it as a resource for future reference.

Scott :)

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hi Josh, and thank you :) As a new member here I found your excellent work on the Unofficial e-Sword User Manual very helpful. It helped to answer 2 questions that I had (that now no longer need to ask here ;)) as far as "un-highlighting" a verse (I didn't see the white box option, until I saw your instructions) and how to hide some of the Bible versions on the tabs, Resource/Options/Bible Tabs.

Thanks again, as that resource has already paid dividends for me, and I Bookmarked it as a resource for future reference.

Awesome! Very glad to hear that. Be sure to tell your friends (if they use e-Sword) about this website and the User's Manual.

#8 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

I was talking to Brent Hildebrand tonight. He correctly pointed out that e-Sword highlights by counting the number of characters from the beginning of the chapter for the starting/stopping points. The real-life meaning is: your highlights in one translation don't show in another. I should probably add that to the documentation.

Another big ramification (from Brent again): Any time the Bible abbreviation tabs change, you lose your highlights For example, now that e-Sword has changed the NIV to NIV84, your highlights for the 1984 NIV will no longer show. But they will show in the 2011 NIV (because 2011 NIV took over the NIV abbreviation in e-Sword). But when the highlights show in the 2011 NIV, they will be wrong when the number of characters differs from the 1984 NIV. Yep, that's a mouthful. I may add this problem and the fix for it as it's own tutorial.

#9 car54

car54

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMinn.

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:52 AM

I was talking to Brent Hildebrand tonight. He correctly pointed out that e-Sword highlights by counting the number of characters from the beginning of the chapter for the starting/stopping points. The real-life meaning is: your highlights in one translation don't show in another. I should probably add that to the documentation.

Wow Josh, that was kind of you to take the time to follow up on some of your after thoughts you had, thanks :) I did find out what you mean as far as highlights only work on the version that you highlight, as I did out of curiosity toggle back and forth to see if they were highlighted in the other versions, and as you mentioned, it doesn't work that way.

Another big ramification (from Brent again): Any time the Bible abbreviation tabs change, you lose your highlights For example, now that e-Sword has changed the NIV to NIV84, your highlights for the 1984 NIV will no longer show. But they will show in the 2011 NIV (because 2011 NIV took over the NIV abbreviation in e-Sword). But when the highlights show in the 2011 NIV, they will be wrong when the number of characters differs from the 1984 NIV. Yep, that's a mouthful. I may add this problem and the fix for it as it's own tutorial.

Again, how timeless of you to mention this fact also, as I had just bought the NIV package from eSource yesterday (as it was mentioned in the email I received from them, that the NIV84 version would no longer be available after July), so that too, is good to know.

Thanks again for your time, and follow up Josh, I appreciate it. :)

Scott

#10 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

He correctly pointed out that e-Sword highlights by counting the number of characters from the beginning of the chapter for the starting/stopping points. The real-life meaning is: your highlights in one translation don't show in another.

It also means that if the content, or markup within the chapter changes, the highlighting, underlining, or sidelining will be thrown off. Fortunately, users are unable to do that type of editing with official resources.

jonathon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users