- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: May 05 2014 07:19 PM
- Last Updated: May 05 2014 07:19 PM
- File Size: 1.18MB
- Views: 2687
- Downloads: 798
- Author: E.W. Bullinger
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Bullinger, E. W. - Two Natures Child of God
- Bullinger, E. W. - Ten Sermons on Second Advent
- Bullinger, E. W. - Works
- E.W. Bullinger Companion Bible (1909).bblx
- Bullinger, E. W. - How To Enjoy The Bible.topx.exe
- Bullinger, E. W. - Full Number in Scripture, The.topx.exe
- Bullinger - Companion Bible Notes, Appendices, and Graphics
- Bullinger, E. W. - Abraham Believed God
- Bullinger, E. W. - The Christian's Standing, Object, and Hope
- Bullinger, E. W. - Following Hard
- Bullinger, E. W. - Figures of Speech.topx
- Bullinger, E. W. - Great Cloud of Witnesses in Hebrews Eleven
- Bullinger, E.W. - Figures of Speech Used in the Bible Explained and Illustrated (DCTX format)
- Bullinger, E. W. - The Apocalypse or “The Day of the Lord”
- Bullinger, E. W. - Christ In The Separate Books Of The Word
- Bullinger, E. W. - Crucified with Christ
- Bullinger, E. W. - Right Division
- Bullinger, E. W.- Stablished -- Strengthened -- Settled
- Bullinger, E. W. - The Ground is Thirsty
- Bullinger, E. W. - The Names of Jesus
- Bullinger, E. W. - The One Great Subject of the Word
- Bullinger, E. W. - The Resurrection of the Body
- Bullinger, E. W. - The Rich Man and Lazarus
- Bullinger, E. W. - They Sang His Praise. They Soon Forgot His Works
- Bullinger, E. W. - They Sang His Praise. They Soon Forgat His Works
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Bullinger, E.W.-Foundations of Dispensational Truth
9.x - 10.x
The Foundations of
CHRISTIANS have all been so long tied to the tether of tradition that difficulties are met with in connection with the dividing of the Word of Truth at Act_28:1-31. The following papers may help to solve such difficulties, enabling the believer to rightly answer such as question the hope that is in him.
There is one great foundation principle in the science of LOGIC which will meet all the difficulties, if we are careful to observe it. It is this:-
We cannot reason from the particular to the general.
That is to say, we cannot expect to find the general principles, which we may regard "the truth," by arguing from certain particular parts of the truth. On the contrary, we must reason from the general to the particular, if we would reason accurately.
The difficulties experienced by some of our readers are due to the fact that they arise from a consideration of only parts of the truth. To find the answer to them, it is vain to continue the discussion of them as separate difficult points: we mean difficulties connected with the earlier Pauline Epistles written before Act_28:1-31.; such as ordinances, the one body of 1Co_12:1-31., or the spiritual gifts of 1Co_14:13-14., etc.
It is absolutely necessary that we should first make sure of the great general duty of "rightly dividing the word of truth" (2Ti_2:15). If that be a Divine precept, it is on the same level as all other of God's commandments; and then it is our duty to yield as strict an obedience with respect to it, as to any other precept, if we wish to find the truth.
Being once on sure ground as to this, then comes the next great duty:—we have to apply this important and dominant principle to Act_28:1-31. and the Pauline Epistles.
This being so, we propose, in this volume, to examine the very FOUNDATIONS of Dispensational Truth; and endeavour to place them so truly, and fix them so firmly, that once we are well grounded in them, we may build upon them with such certainty that our difficulties will be removed, and our readers will find themselves in a position to answer all their own questions as they may afterwards arise.
What we ask for now, therefore, is patience. Let us hold all questions as to this or that particular difficulty in abeyance until we are grounded in the great general principle. We are not “directors of the conscience," but "ministers of the Word," and our desire is, so to minister it as to leave individual readers to direct their own consciences by the Word.
The Papers will be on
1 "By the prophets."
2 "By His Son."
3 "By them that heard Him."
4 By "the Spirit of truth."
5 By "Paul the prisoner of Jesus Christ."
6 Practical conclusions.
1 Hyperlinks to footnotes
2 Back hyperlinks so you can jump back to where you where
3 Greek words in blue (transliterated by Bullinger)
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,992 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 172 Total Contributors
- 4,435,467 Total Downloads
- Baron, David - The Servant of Jehovah, An Exposition of Isaiah 53 Latest File
- Grace Latest Submitter