- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Apr 02 2013 05:15 PM
- Last Updated: Apr 02 2013 05:15 PM
- File Size: 34K
- Views: 1949
- Downloads: 324
- Author: Alexander Campbell
- e-Sword Version: 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Living Oracles New Testament LONT (1835)
- Campbell, Alexander - Demonology
- Campbell, Alexander - Delusions: An Analysis of the Book of Mormon (1832)
- Campbell, Alexander/Owen, Richard - Debate on Evidences of Christianity
- Campbell, Alexander - Christian Baptism (1851)
- Campbell, Alexander - The Christian System
e-Sword 10 Module Download:
Campbell, Alexander - Is Capital Punishment Sanctioned by Divine Authority?
Expository Topics Christian Living
Is Capital Punishment Sanctioned by Divine Authority?
An Essay by Alexander Campbell
Alexander Campbell, editor of the Christian Baptist and the Millennial Harbinger, was often asked to present his thoughts on various "hot topics" of the day. Some viewed the matter of capital punishment as solely a political issue, one that a preacher should not be bothering with. Others believed that the words "thou shalt not kill" extended to governments, and so it was a Christian's responsibility to speak out against it. Still others held the belief that Romans 13:1-ff gave governments the divine responsibility to execute capital punishment.
This work is a single-chapter essay of approximately 20 pages.
Campbell was an able debater, an eloquent preacher, and a man who--when he was home--spent (literally) ten hours per day in Bible study. Through his work, tens of thousands of souls were brought to Jesus Christ. His primary motivation from the beginning to the end of his ministry was to get people to leave their denominational creeds and names and doctrines behind, and all unite simply as Christians, using only what could be found and proven from the Scriptures as the basis of fellowship.
Most associate him with the church of Christ, though his preferred description of the church was "disciples of Christ."
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 9,014 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 180 Total Contributors
- 4,653,542 Total Downloads
- Modern Literal Version (2017 edition) (MySword Edition) Latest File
- Bradley S. Cobb Latest Submitter