- New Content
- Message Board
Josh BondFollow @BibleSupport
View other files from this member
View other files from this member
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Mar 22 2013 01:10 PM
- Last Updated: Apr 07 2015 07:36 PM
- File Size: 28.4MB
- Views: 20721
- Downloads: 12,679
- Author: Charles Spurgeon
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: Spurgeon's Expositions
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Charles Spurgeon Collection
- Spurgeon, C. H. - Christian Training Of Children
- Spurgeon, C. H. - Words of Cheer, Warning, Wisdom for Daily Life (3 volumes)
- Spurgeon, C. H. - Seven Wonders of Grace
- Spurgeon, C. H. - Notable Quotes, Vol. 1-5
- Spurgeon, C. H. - According to the Promise.
- Spurgeon, C. H. - The Salt Cellars
- Spurgeon, Charles - Treasury of David
- Spurgeon, Charles - Sermon Commentary from the Major Prophets
- Spurgeon, Charles - Sermon Commentary from the Books of Poetry
- Feathers for Arrows
- Spurgeon, Charles - Sermon Commentary from the Books of Law and History
- Spurgeon, Charles - Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 20 - 1874
- Spurgeon, Charles - The Interpreter: Spurgeon's Devotional Bible
- Spurgeon, Charles - Gospel Extracts
- Spurgeon, Charles - Sermons of Charles Spurgeon (63 Volumes)
- Spurgeon, Charles - Lectures to my students (4 Volumes)
- Spurgeon, Charles - Able To The Uttermost
- Spurgeon, Charles H.- Book Collection
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Our Own Hymn Book
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Able To The Uttermost
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - According to Promise
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Advice For Seekers
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - All of Grace
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - An All Round Ministry
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Around the Wicket Gate
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Barbed Arrows From the Quiver of Charles H. Spurgeon
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Behold the Throne of Grace
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Bible and the Newspaper
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Spurgeon's Anecdotes
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Christ's Glorious Achievements
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Christ's Incarnation
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Christ's Words From The Cross
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Clue of the Maze
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Come Ye Children
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Commenting and Commentaries
- Spurgeon, Charlles H. - Daily Help
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The "Down Grade" Controversy
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Eccentric Preachers
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Faith, What It Is
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Faith's Checkbook (Devotional)
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Farm Sermons
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Feathers for Arrows
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Flashes of Thought
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Flowers from a Puritan's Garden
- Spurgeon,Charles H. - From the Pulpit to the Palm-Branch
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Gleanings Among the Sheaves
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Devotional Commentary on Psalm 119
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - A Good Start
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Illutrations and Meditations
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Gospel of the Kingdom [Matthew]
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Grace Triumphant
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Greatest Fight in the World
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - John Ploughman's Pictures
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - John Ploughman's Talks
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Lectures to My Students
- Spuurgeon, Charles H. - Letters and Correspondence of Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Messages to the Multitudes
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Metropolitan Tabernacle
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Morning and Evening Devotionals
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Mourner's Comforter
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - "MY CONVERSION"
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Spurgeon's SERMON NOTES
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Only a Prayer Meeting
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Pictures From Pilgrim's Progress
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - PRAYER [i.e. examples of prayer]
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Present Truth
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Saint and His Saviour
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Words of Wisdom For The Daily Life
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Words of Warning For Daily Life
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Words of Counsel For Christian Workers
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Words of Cheer for Daily Life
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - What The Stones Say
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - We Endeavor
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Types and Emblems
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Trumpet Calls To Christian Energy
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - Till He Come
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Soul Winner
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Pastor In Prayer
- Spurgeon, Charles H. - The Interpreter Morning and Evening
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Spurgeon’s Verse Expositions of the Bible (3 vols)
Whole Bible Christian Living Living a Christian Life Devotional Copyrighted
9.x - 10.x
This is not a commentary of sermons. It's a rare, never before published, compilation of Spurgeon's verse/passage commentaries, or expositions.
About Spurgeon’s Expositions of the Bible
Before delivering a sermon, Spurgeon read a portion of Scripture, often interrupting his readings with spontaneous verse by verse comments to expose the Scripture's meaning and content. Many of these expositions were published at the end of his weekly sermons in The Sword and The Trowel.
However, they have never before been published as a work to themselves. Three volumes are here published under the title Spurgeon’s Expositions of the Bible containing a complete compilation of those expositions. While not every scripture of the Bible was covered in his transcribed expositions, this mammoth project has resulted in a ‘virtual’ concise Bible commentary.
At first glance, expositions of the same passage may appear repetitive, but you will find repeated expositions of the same passages to contain fresh comments each time that he read them. It is the most valuable Bible reference material made available to pastors in a generation, and its value as a family devotional is beyond measure. It is our prayer that these expositions will be blessed of God to the good of many for the glory of Christ.
Spurgeon's passage expositions show a spontaneity of thought, and have a rhythmic presentation which his written sermons do not contain.
President James A. Garfield described them as "familiar and sensible." They are also profound, demonstrating his burning desire and urgency to comfort God's people in declaring the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The 3 volumes and 30 megabytes of content are organized by exposition (breaking the material by verse would have broken with Spurgeon's intent). Not every passage has a comment, but many passages have more than one comment, some more than 5 comments, and a few passage have more than 10 unique comments. It’s interesting to see different perspectives Spurgeon took as he revisited passages over the years.
Book Comments show which passages have comments (since e-Sword cannot provide the user with a top level view of comments).
Printed Edition (ISBN: ISBN: 978-1-105-06909-3)
Hardcopies available for purchase here.
Compiled, Edited, and Digitized By
Larry Brown, who managed this 2 year project
Gratitude for Proofing:
Al and Rebecca Smith,
Bill and Michelle Augustine,
Bill and Vicci Rolley,
Bob and Carol Pruitt,
Bob and Mary Lou Duff,
Bob and Sally Poncer,
Carter and Joyce Brown,
David and Betty Burge,
David and Celeste Peterson,
Don and Shelby Fortner,
Donnie and Mary Bell,
Evelyn M. Wang,
Bobbie and Judy Estes,
and most of all, Carol.
Derivative Copyright 2011, By Larry Brown. Used with Permission.
About Charles Haddon (C.H.) Spurgeon
Charles Spurgeon (1834–1892), British Particular Baptist preacher. Born into an Essex Congregational home, Spurgeon experienced a dramatic conversion in his early teens and sought baptism as a believer. After a successful short ministry in rural Cambridgeshire he became Baptist minister at New Park Street Chapel, London, which later moved to the Metropolitan Tabernacle to accommodate the vast congregations which came to hear him preach.
His popularity was greatly enhanced by the weekly publication (from 1855 onwards) of his sermons, the sale of which in England and the USA helped to finance the theological college he had established in 1856. The sermons give rich expression both to his firmly held Calvinistic convictions and evangelistic concern.
In 1864 his sermon on ‘Baptismal Regeneration’ brought him into theological conflict with paedobaptists, including some evangelicals. Later, when liberal theological ideas were gaining ground, he affirmed his unqualified allegiance to biblical doctrine. During his own denomination’s ‘Downgrade’ controversy (1887–89) he expressed alarm concerning unorthodox views and in 1887, ‘with the utmost regret’, withdrew from the Baptist Union.
His voluminous writings (135 books), which frequently reflect his indebtedness to 17th-century Puritanism, continue to be published, maintaining his immense spiritual influence throughout the evangelical world. He remains highly influential among Christians of different denominations, among whom he is still known as the "Prince of Preachers"
Perhaps the most widely read and often quoted preacher in history is Charles Haddon Spurgeon. Spurgeon’s deep, yet simple trust and understanding of his Lord and Savior, his great mercy, grace and love is evident in his writings. His great longing to have others come to know, trust, love and to worship the Lord Jesus Christ is also evident.
What's New in Version (See full changelog)
- Added copyright tag to this file listing to enable new front page features.
Other files you may be interested in ..
Yesterday, 02:15 PM
Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Feb 16 2019 02:49 AM
Feb 15 2019 10:07 PM
Feb 10 2019 04:22 PM
Jan 12 2019 09:20 PM
Jan 10 2019 06:09 PM
Jan 05 2019 04:10 PM
- 8,489 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 217 Total Contributors
- 4,896,558 Total Downloads
- Vulgate Latin-English Dictionary And Vulgate New Testament Latin English Dictionary Latest File
- RevSteve Latest Submitter
21 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)
3 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bing (4), johualy , mudcreek71 , dwashington