- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Feb 28 2013 09:53 PM
- Last Updated: Feb 28 2013 09:53 PM
- File Size: 216K
- Views: 3140
- Downloads: 495
- Author: Philip Mauro
- e-Sword Version: 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Mauro, Philip - The Hope of Israel: What is It?
- Mauro, Philip - Speaking in Tongues
- Mauro, Philip - Which Version? (Authorized or Revised)
- Mauro, Philip - Life in the Word
- Mauro, Philip - Seventy Weeks and the Great Tribulation
- Mauro, Philip - Articles
- Mauro, Philip - Wonders of Biblical Chronology
- Mauro, Philip - The World and Its God
- Mauro, Philip - The Characteristics of the Age and Their Significance
- Mauro, Philip - Evolution at the Bar
e-Sword 10 Module Download:
Mauro, Philip - The Number of Man
Eschatalogy (Endtimes) Revelation Expository Topics Modern (1800-Today) Anglican
The Number of Man:
Climax of Civilization
(2nd edition, 1919)
Philip Mauro was a prolific author in the first half of the 1900s, writing over 40 books before his death. He was well-known as a U.S. Supreme Court lawyer.
About this book:
The writer saw the things going on around him both politically and religiously and was firmly convinced that the events of Revelation were either being played out or about to be played out. His views in this book are very similar to that of dispensationalists.
This, the second edition of the book, contains an appendix dealing with the first World War which was then in full swing, and how the author believed it was fulfilling prophecy.
"About the Electronic Edition"
1. Human Activities of the Present Day
--The Great Consolidation and Its Head: The System and the Man
--The Second Wild Beast of Revelation 13
--Human Activities and Their Two Main Fields of Operation
--The Economic Field
--The Cause of the Ills of Humanity, Where Located
--Aides to Industrial Development, and Some of its Results
--The Religious Field, Great Changes Now in Progress
--The Relation Between Economic and Religious Movements
--Features Common to the Two Sets of Movements
--"Science" and the Present-Day Movements
--Two Bodies Now in Process of Formation
--What the Present-Day Movements Lose Sight Of
2. New Theologies
--New Theology of Old England
--New Theology of New England
--The Explanation of the "Collapse"
--The New Theology
--"Modernism" or Advanced Theology in the Church of Rome
--The Pope's "Encyclical" on Modernism
--"The Coming Catholicism"
3. Developments of Commercialism
--The Unequal Distribution of Wealth
--The Increase of Wealth Going to Non-Producers
--Financial Panics and Business Depressions
--Capitalism--Plutocracy in it's Final Stage
--Mr. Well's Socialism; Collective Intelligence; Good Will in Man
--The Predicted End of Capitalism
--The Religious Aspect of Socialism
--Socialism and Marriage
4. Latter Day Idols
--What, Then, is an Idol?
--The Method of Idol-Making
--The "God's Many" of the Modern Man
--What is "Science"? The Quest of an Anxious Soul for its Teachings
--Ultimate Intellectualism--The Tendency of Higher Education
6. Appendix: The World War and How It is Fulfilling Prophecy
--Commercialism and Socialism, Government Control
--The Federation of Religions
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,417 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 218 Total Contributors
- 4,885,922 Total Downloads
- Bible Atlas and Color New Testament Charts and Maps Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter