- New Content
- Message Board
david psalmsFollow @BibleSupport
View other files from this member
View other files from this member
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Nov 17 2012 10:39 AM
- Last Updated: Nov 17 2012 10:47 AM
- File Size: 1.04MB
- Views: 2161
- Downloads: 562
- Author: Samuel Ridout
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Ridout, Samuel - Lectures on the Book of Judges
- Ridout, Samuel - From Genesis to Revelation
- Ridout, Samuel - Gleanings from the Book of Ruth
- Ridout, Samuel - The Pentateuch
- Ridout, Samuel - The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit
- Ridout, Samuel - The Bible The True University
- Ridout, Samuel - How to Study the Bible
- Ridout, Samuel - Lectures on the Tabernacle
- Ridout, Samuel - The Church and Its Order According to Scripture
- Ridout, Samuel - The Four Gospels
- Ridout, Samuel - The Book of Job
- Ridout, Samuel - King Saul the man after the flesh
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Ridout, Samuel - Lectures on the Epistle to the Hebrews 1.0
9.x - 10.x
There is no introduction to the Epistle to the Hebrews, and little need for any preface here. Where Christ is the absorbing theme, everything must yield to Him, and explanations are out of place.
The main themes of the book are the person of Christ, His priesthood and sacrifice, and the place into which He has introduced His people. Everything is measured by these standards, and loyalty to Him is the crucial test for all that would claim attention.
In these closing days of the Church's history, where there is a strong tendency back into that which apes Judaism, a carnal religion without divine power, and where the person of our Lord is lightly esteemed, if not absolutely degraded, it is to be hoped that this little book will serve to call back the thoughts of His people to One who is worthy of all their attention, allegiance, and worship.
May the Lord graciously use it solely to the glory of His own peerless Name!
Table of Contents
Lecture 1. The Son of God in His Supremacy — Hebrews 1 — 2: 4.
Lecture 2. The Son in His Humiliation — Hebrews 2: 5-18.
Lecture 3. God's House and God's Rest — Hebrews 3 — 4: 10.
Lecture 4. The Heavenly Priest — Hebrews 4: 11 — 5: 10.
Lecture 5. Apostasy; or, The Strong Consolation — Hebrews 5: 11 — 6.
Lecture 6. The Everlasting Priesthood — Hebrews 7.
Lecture 7. The Better Ministry and the New Covenant — Hebrews 8.
Lecture 8. The Priest and His Sacrifice — Hebrews 9: 1-15.
Lecture 9. The Finished Work — Hebrews 9: 16-28.
Lecture 10. The Sanctified and their Worship — Hebrews 10: 1-25.
Lecture 11. Holding Fast — Hebrews 10: 26-39.
Lecture 12. The Many Witnesses and their Walk of Faith — Hebrews 11: 1-10.
Lecture 13. The Many Witnesses, etc. — Continued — Hebrews 11: 11-40.
Lecture 14. Girded for the Race — Hebrews 12.
Lecture 15. The Continuing City — Outside the Camp — Hebrews 13.
Lecture 16. The Glories of Christ traced throughout the Epistle
Other files you may be interested in ..
May 15 2020 08:33 PM
Dec 03 2019 10:23 AM
Nov 22 2019 11:21 AM
Nov 13 2019 04:52 AM
Nov 03 2019 05:33 AM
Nov 02 2019 12:07 PM
Aug 24 2019 01:19 PM
Aug 23 2019 05:16 AM
- 8,319 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 231 Total Contributors
- 5,060,772 Total Downloads
- Old and New Testament Restoration Commentary Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter
50 user(s) are online (in the past 30 minutes)
2 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users
maleko , Bing (2), Google (3), Zaybeck