- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Nov 17 2012 07:12 AM
- Last Updated: Nov 17 2012 07:12 AM
- File Size: 578.2K
- Views: 2846
- Downloads: 456
- Author: Samuel Ridout
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Ridout, Samuel - Lectures on the Book of Judges
- Ridout, Samuel - From Genesis to Revelation
- Ridout, Samuel - Gleanings from the Book of Ruth
- Ridout, Samuel - The Pentateuch
- Ridout, Samuel - The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit
- Ridout, Samuel - The Bible The True University
- Ridout, Samuel - How to Study the Bible
- Ridout, Samuel - Lectures on the Tabernacle
- Ridout, Samuel - Lectures on the Epistle to the Hebrews
- Ridout, Samuel - The Four Gospels
- Ridout, Samuel - The Book of Job
- Ridout, Samuel - King Saul the man after the flesh
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Ridout, Samuel - The Church and Its Order According to Scripture 1.0
9.x - 10.x
In many ways the name "Church" is misleading, partly because of a certain historical but unscriptural meaning attached to it, and partly because the word is used in so many different ways. For instance, a building where religious meetings are held is called a church; the persons meeting there form a church; the denomination with which they are connected is a church. Similarly, we have the Church of England, or Scotland — meaning the established form of religion in those countries. To the Romanist "the Church" means the Papal system, and to the ritualist something very similar.
TheEvangelical will tell us that the word has a twofold significance, designating respectively the visible and the invisible Church. Thus all professing Christendom forms the visible Church; while only the true believers form the invisible.
It is therefore necessary, as well as refreshing, to turn from these discordant definitions to the simple word of God, and gather from it the truths as to this important subject.
Table of Contents
1. Its Nature
2. The Unity of the Church.
3. Local Aspect of the Church.
4. Its Organization.
5. Its Worship
6. Its Ministry
7. Its Discipline
8. Miscellaneous Features.