- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Oct 02 2012 02:00 PM
- Last Updated: Nov 06 2013 07:37 PM
- File Size: 284K
- Views: 3186
- Downloads: 378
- Author: E.W. McMillan
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
McMillan, E.W. - The Minister's Spiritual Life
Christian Living Prayer Copyrighted
9.x - 10.x
The Minister's Spiritual Life
This book was written for the purpose of encouraging ministers to grow their spirituality, dealing with reasons for it, how to do it, and why to do it. It is a greatly encouraging book that will help you grow your spirituality.
Written by E.W. McMillan, formerly of Abilene Christian College (now University) in 1959. This book's copyright was not renewed, and is now in the public domain.
Table of Contents
- I. Spirituality is greatly concerned about true values and about the right attitudes and motives.
- II. Spirituality is much tested by how much emphasis is placed on the comparative values between temporal and redemptive rewards.
- I. Spirituality toward God as a Divine Being.
- II. Spirituality feels reverent toward God's created universe, and is greatly inspired by it, because He created it.
- III. The spiritual mind respects God's law, as it does God himself.
- IV. The beauty of a life lived by pure faith is a glory all its own, but living that kind of life is an achievement which few people experience.
- I. Special, specific issues, versus the Christian Spirit in dealing with issues.
- II. A second mistake in this general area is treating the symptoms instead of the diseases.
- III. This course will also include trying to create a more spiritual appetite in the members also providing more wholesome activities.
- IV. Among the Christian experiences most often mistreated in this respect is baptism.
- V. The same principle belongs in a study of the Lord's supper.
- Closing Suggestions.
- I. Love is a root that greatly feeds spirituality.
- II. Bible faith feeds the spiritual life.
- III. Prayer feeds spirituality.
- IV. By way of conclusion and summary, allow a few more observations.
CHAPTER VI - PERFECT SPIRITUALITY
CHAPTER VII - AM I SPIRITUAL?
CHAPTER VIII - PATIENTLY ENDURING SUFFERING
It is available in pdf format here.