- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Sep 20 2012 05:15 PM
- Last Updated: Sep 20 2012 05:15 PM
- File Size: 187K
- Views: 3892
- Downloads: 919
- Author: Ironside, Harry A.
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Ironside, Harry A. - Eternal Security of the Believer.zip
- Ironside, Harry A. - Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth.zip
- Ironside, Harry A. - Works of Harry Ironside.zip
- Ironside, Harry A. - Care for Gods Fruit Trees.zip
- Ironside, Harry A. - Random Reminiscences.zip
- Ironside, Harry A. - Not Wrath But the Rapture.zip
- Ironside, Harry A. - Full Assurance.zip
- Ironside, Harry A. - Except Ye Repent.zip
- Harry Ironside Collection (28 files)
- Ironside, Harry A. - Sailing with Paul: Simple Papers for New Christians
- Ironside, Harry A. - Great Words of the Gospel
- Ironside, Harry A. - Baptism What Saith The Scripture
- Ironside, Harry A. - The Great Parenthesis
- Ironside, Harry A. - Fifty Pointed Questions Regarding After Death
- Ironside, Harry A. - The Greatest Text in the Bible
- Ironside, Harry A. - What is the Gospel?
- Ironside, Harry A. - The Mass Versus the Lord's Supper
- Ironside, Harry A. - The Four Hundred Silent Years
- Ironside, Harry A. - The Lamp of Prophecy
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Ironside, Harry A. - The Mysteries of God
Dispensationalism Eschatalogy (Endtimes) Rapture Bretheren Ecclesiology
Ironside, Harry A.
9.x - 10.x
Harry A. Ironside
1876 - 1951
Few preachers had more varied ministries than this man. He was a captain in the Salvation Army, an itinerant preacher with the Plymouth Brethren, pastor of the renowned Moody Memorial Church in Chicago, and conducted Bible conferences throughout the world. Sandwiched between those major ministries, Ironside preached the Gospel on street corners, in missions, in taverns, on Indian reservations, etc.
Never formally ordained and with no experience whatever as a pastor, Ironside took over the 4,000-seat Moody Memorial Church in Chicago and often filled it to capacity for 18 1/2 years. A seminary president once said of him, "He has the most unique ministry of any man living." Although he had little formal education, his tremendous mental capacity and photographic memory caused him to be called the "Archbishop of Fundamentalism."
Preaching--warm, soul-saving preaching--was his forte. Special speakers in his great church often meant nothing; the crowds came when he was there. He traveled constantly at his prime, he averaged 40 weeks in the year on the road--always returning to Moody Memorial for Sunday services.
His pen moved, too; he contributed regularly to various religious periodicals and journals in addition to publishing 80 books and pamphlets. His writings included addresses or commentaries on the entire New Testament, all of the prophetic books of the Old Testament, and a great many volumes on specific Bible themes and subjects.
In 1951, Dr. Ironside died in Cambridge, New Zealand, and was buried there at his own request.
The Mysteries of GOD
01 The "Secret Things"
02 "Stewards of the Mysteries of God"
03 "The Mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven"
04 The Mystery of the Olive Tree
05 The Great Mystery of Christ and the Church
06 The Mystery of Piety
07 The Mystery of the Rapture
08 The Mystery of Lawlessness
09 The Mystery of God Finished
10 Appendix A - Enemies of the Cross, and Dwellers on the Earth
11 Appendix B - Recommendations for Further Reading
KNOWING of nothing that aims to present in one volume, the various mysteries of the New Testament, it has been a happy service to pen these papers, hoping thereby to minister to the profit of some who, while of the household of faith, may have given little or no attention to truths of such vast importance.
The teaching set forth is not original with the writer. He is indebted to many, both through oral and written ministry, for most of the instruction he now seeks to impart to others. May it be yours, reader, to test all by the word of the living God, and thus find true profit.
H. A. Ironside.