- New Content
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jul 01 2012 09:33 AM
- Last Updated: Jul 01 2012 11:03 AM
- File Size: 552K
- Views: 902
- Downloads: 358
- Author: Don Fleming
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation helps this ministry stay online.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
New: Other Modules By Same Author
- Fleming, Don - Bridgeway Bible Dictionary (Significant Update)
- Fleming, Don - Bridgeway Bible Commentary (Updated)
- Fleming, Don - Parables and Pictures
- Fleming, Don - Following Jesus
- Fleming, Don - Christianity Basics Series
- Fleming, Don - Proverbs Today
- Fleming, Don - Making Sense
- Fleming, Don - Going Places With Paul
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Fleming, Don - Let the Bible Speak for Itself
Biblical Studies Missions *** Hermeneutics Theology of Preaching Pastoral
9.x - 10.x
Let the Bible Speak for Itself
This book is for all who want to know and teach the Bible better. It suggests they will enjoy the Bible more when, instead of forcing it to meet their demands, they let it do whatever it wants to do. They must let the Bible speak for itself.
How then, can readers of the Bible avoid forcing artificial lessons from it yet still submit to what it says? How can preachers teach a book of the Bible, without engaging in detailed studies, or alternatively flying over the top in a survey that fails to deal with the text?
In answering these questions, the author encourages Christians to understand and teach the Bible in the form God gave it. The book gives guidelines and examples on how to explain the text without boring people with technical discussion, and how to minister to people's needs while remaining true to the text's meaning.
Used by permission from Bridgeway Publications. http://bridgeway.org.au/titles.php
© Don Fleming 1992
First published 1992
Reprinted 1996, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2005
ISBN 0 947342 16 8
All Rights Reserved
GPO Box 2547
Printed in Australia by McPherson’s Printing Group
About Bridgeway Books and Don Fleming
Bridgeway books, though credible reference works, are non-technical in style.
They are based on a firm biblical scholarship and the assured belief that once readers understand the Bible, they will find it has its own way of making itself relevant to them. Preachers, teachers and other Christian workers have found that these books do much of the preparation work for them, by helping them understand the Bible as it might have been understood by its first readers.
Bridgeway Books have been written by Don Fleming who has had wide experience in evangelism, church planting and Bible teaching, in his home country of Australia, and in Asia, Africa, Europe and the Pacific. He is well known for his ability to explain the Bible writings concisely and simply, both in his preaching and in his writing. Bridgeway Book titles are detailed here.
Bridgeway Books have been translated into more than forty five languages.
The "bridge" element in the title reflects the aim of all Bridgeway books - to bridge two gaps at once - the gap between the word of the Bible and the world of today; and the gap between technical reference works and the ordinary reader.
Bridgeway Books are easy to read and especially suited to those who use English as a second language.
Other Bridgeway Titles
- Bridgeway Bible Commentary http://www.biblesupp...entary-updated/
- Bridgeway Bible Dictionary http://www.biblesupp...flemingdctxexe/
- Christianity Basics Series http://www.biblesupp...-basics-series/
- Making Sense http://www.biblesupp...n-making-sense/
- Let the Bible Speak For Itself http://www.biblesupp...eak-for-itself/
- Bible Lands, Then and Now http://www.biblesupp...s-then-and-now/
- Following Jesus http://www.biblesupp...ollowing-jesus/
- Parables and Pictures http://www.biblesupp...s-and-pictures/
- Proverbs Today http://www.biblesupp...proverbs-today/
- Going Places with Paul http://www.biblesupp...aces-with-paul/
1. Getting the right approach
2. Reading with understanding (i)
3. Reading with understanding (ii)
4. Helping others
5. Preparing the sermon
6. Reaching the audience
7. Controlling the content
8. Expounding the Old Testament (i)
9. Expounding the Old Testament (ii)
10. Expounding the New Testament (i)
11. Expounding the New Testament (ii)
12. Planning the teaching program
13. Teaching non-Christians
14. Improving as we go
Books by the same author
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 7,635 Total Files
- 49 Total Categories
- 89 Total Contributors
- 2,036,191 Total Downloads
- Lexham English Bible (2012 Edition) OT-NT without notes Latest File
- Roy Latest Submitter