- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Mar 03 2012 11:10 PM
- Last Updated: Jan 19 2013 10:20 PM
- File Size: 574.31K
- Views: 29178
- Downloads: 7,547
- Author: William Evans
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Evans, William - How To Prepare Sermons And Gospel Addresses
- Evans, William - The Great Doctrines of the Bible.exe
- Evans, William - The Shepherd Psalm
- Evans, William - What Every Christian Should Believe
- Evans, William - Book of Books
- Evans, William - Outline Study of the Bible With Illustrative Charts
- Evans, William - Book of Books - e-S10
- Evans, William - Personal Soul Winning
- Evans, William - Books of the Pentateuch Commentary
- Evans, William - Epochs in the Life of Christ
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Evans, William - How to Memorize the Bible
9.x - 10.x
Dr. Evans memorized the entire King James Version of the Bible as well as the New Testament of the American Standard Version. In this book, he reveals his secrets to memorization. The book is quite good, and still referenced by bloggersdiscussing the rarity of the printed edition and infomericals trying to profit from public domain material. Well, here you can have it for free!
Update @ 12/23/12: This book, how to memorize the bible, is now available via your web browser: MemorizeTheBible.com
About William Evans
William Evans was born January 1, 1870 in Liverpool, England, to George Evans. He died in 1950, in California. On June 20, 1889, when he was 19, he immigrated to the United States, from Liverpool.
William Evans was a New York journalist with a very comfortable salary. He heard D.L. Moody preach in New York City on Luke 5. Moody challenged young people to give themselves to Christian service, and suddenly looked down at William Evans and pointedly said, “Young man, I mean you.” Afterwards Moody found Evans and told him that somehow God had told him that He was calling Evans to service. Evans mentioned his good salary, and Moody told him to pack up his trunk and go to Chicago, not worrying about the money.
William Evans became the first graduate of Moody Bible Institute in 1892, two years after it was dedicated.
Table of Contents
01. Chapter 1: The Importance of Having a Good Memory
02. Chapter 2: The Need of Cultivating the Memory
03.-----The Method of Jesus
04. Chapter 3: The Possibilities of the Memory
05.-----No Limit to Memory
06.-----What has Been Done
07.-----Age No Barrier
08. Chapter 4: What Is Memory?
09.-----A Good Memory--What?
10. Chapter 5: Preliminary Suggestions for the Training of the Memory
11. Chapter 6: The First Essential Principle in the Training of the Memory
12.-----The Meaning of Attention
13.-----How Attention May Be Secured
14. Chapter 7: The Second Essential Principle in the Training of the Memory
15.-----A Clear Conception Absolutely Necessary
16.-----How to Get a Clear Conception
17.-----Repeat Aloud All You Desire to Memorize
18. Chapter 8: The Third Essential Principle in the Training of the Memory
19.-----Analyze What You Desire to Learn
20. Chapter 9: The Fourth Essential Principle in the Training of the Memory
22.-----How to Find Associations
23.-----Five Laws of Suggestive Association
24. Chapter 10: The Fifth Essential Principle in the Training of the Memory
25.-----How to Recall
26.-----Lessons for Practice
27. Chapter 11: The Sixth Essential Principle in the Training of the Memory
28.-----How Often Shall We Review?
29.-----How to Review
30.-----Reviewing the Contents of Any Book in the Bible
31.-----The Gospel Of John As an Illustration