- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Nov 27 2011 12:25 PM
- Last Updated: Jul 25 2012 06:10 AM
- File Size: 254K
- Views: 9493
- Downloads: 2,603
- Author: F.B. Meyer
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- F.B. Meyer Collection (14 files)
- Meyer, F. B. - Tried By Fire - Expositions of 1Peter
- Meyer, F. B. - The Way Into the Holiest - Expositions of Hebrews
- Meyer, F. B. - Cheer for Lifes Piligrimage
- Meyer, F. B. - Jottings and Hints for Lay Preachers
- Meyer, F. B. - Christ In Isaiah
- Meyer, F. B. - Blessed Are Ye - Talks on the Beatitudes
- Meyer, F. B. - David, Shephard, Psalmist, King
- Meyer, F. B. - Calvary to Pentecost
- Meyer, F. B. - Samuel The Prophet
- Meyer, F.B. - Meyer, FB - Through The Bible Commentary - 7 Volumes
- Meyer, F. B. - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Topic)
- Meyer, FB - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Devotional)
- Meyer, F. B. - Peter: Fisherman, Apostle, Disciple
- Meyer, F.B. - A Devotional Commentary on Philippians
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Meyer, F. B. - Expository Preaching - Plans and Methods
Theology of Preaching Baptist
9.x - 10.x
About F.B. Meyer
Frederick Brotherton Meyer (1847–1929). Baptist pastor, Bible conference speaker and writer. Born in London, Meyer was convinced from his childhood that he would be a preacher.
While at Priory Street Church in 1873, Meyer befriended Dwight L. Moody and Ira D. Sankey, who had arrived in England to minister but had found that the two men who had invited them had died. Invited to York, Moody found Meyer very helpful in getting his campaign started. This friendship resulted in Moody inviting Meyer to America in 1891, the first of twelve trips. He spoke at the East Northfield Summer Conference for two weeks and proved to be so popular that he was asked to give post-conference addresses. In one meeting at Northfield, J. Wilbur Chapman was touched by Meyer’s preaching and testified later to a life-changing commitment made there.
Prior to his coming to the U.S., his written works had received much attention. His biographies of Bible characters gained great popularity, as did his expositional and devotional works.
About Expository Preaching - Plans and Methods
This book makes the argument in favor of Expository preaching, followed by details on the composition and delivery of an expository message. With the possible exception of Charles Spurgeon, more of Meyer's messages are in print today than any other expository preacher. Thus, who better to write this book than F.B. Meyer?
I. A Plea For The Expository Method In Preaching
II. Expository Preaching, What It Is?
III. The Advantages Of The Expository Methods
IV. The Example Of Our Lord His Reverence For And Use Of Scripture
V. The Expositor At Work
VI. Inexhaustible Riches Of The Bible--Perennial Interest Of The Expository Method