- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Nov 01 2011 08:02 PM
- Last Updated: Jul 25 2012 06:15 AM
- File Size: 1.46MB
- Views: 4931
- Downloads: 1,703
- Author: F.B. Meyer
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- F.B. Meyer Collection (14 files)
- Meyer, F. B. - The Way Into the Holiest - Expositions of Hebrews
- Meyer, F. B. - Cheer for Lifes Piligrimage
- Meyer, F. B. - Jottings and Hints for Lay Preachers
- Meyer, F. B. - Christ In Isaiah
- Meyer, F. B. - Blessed Are Ye - Talks on the Beatitudes
- Meyer, F. B. - David, Shephard, Psalmist, King
- Meyer, F. B. - Calvary to Pentecost
- Meyer, F. B. - Samuel The Prophet
- Meyer, F. B. - Expository Preaching - Plans and Methods
- Meyer, F.B. - Meyer, FB - Through The Bible Commentary - 7 Volumes
- Meyer, F. B. - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Topic)
- Meyer, FB - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Devotional)
- Meyer, F. B. - Peter: Fisherman, Apostle, Disciple
- Meyer, F.B. - A Devotional Commentary on Philippians
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Meyer, F. B. - Tried By Fire - Expositions of 1Peter
New Testament General Letters Peter Baptist
9.x - 10.x
About F.B. Meyer
Frederick Brotherton Meyer (1847–1929). Baptist pastor, Bible conference speaker and writer. Born in London, Meyer was convinced from his childhood that he would be a preacher.
While at Priory Street Church in 1873, Meyer befriended Dwight L. Moody and Ira D. Sankey, who had arrived in England to minister but had found that the two men who had invited them had died. Invited to York, Moody found Meyer very helpful in getting his campaign started. This friendship resulted in Moody inviting Meyer to America in 1891, the first of twelve trips. He spoke at the East Northfield Summer Conference for two weeks and proved to be so popular that he was asked to give post-conference addresses. In one meeting at Northfield, J. Wilbur Chapman was touched by Meyer’s preaching and testified later to a life-changing commitment made there.
Prior to his coming to the U.S., his written works had received much attention. His biographies of Bible characters gained great popularity, as did his expositional and devotional works.
About Tried By Fire: Expositions of the First Epistle of Peter
F.B. Meyer's expository commentary, verse by verse, on 1 Peter.
04-For Those in Heaviness
05-Christ Unseen But Loved
06-The Sufferings and Glories of Christ
07-Ye Shall Be Holy
08-Redeemed by Blood
10-God's Newborn Babes & Their Food
11-The Precious Cornerstone
12-The Plea for a Blameless Life
14-Taking Things Patiently
15-The Footprints of the Flock
16-Woman's Place in the Home
17-The Christian Temper
18-Suffering for Righteousness' Sake
19-The Substitutionary Work of Christ
20-The Days of Noah
21-One with Him in Death
22-The Breath of Eternity
23-Love Covering Sins
24-The Motive of our Lives
25-Not So Strange
27-God's Flock and Its Shepherds
28-The Garb of the Holy Soul
29-Care, and What to Do with It
31-The Call to Eternal Glory
The Module Robot found this resource elsewhere on the Internet, along with few dozen others. This resource was not formatted by BibleSupport.com, but we did "touch-up" the text. When I want a 30 minute project, I take one of these files the Module Robot found and prepare it for distribution. The formatting is a 10 out of 10.
This download includes both the topx file and a self-installing version. Inexperienced users should download the self installing .exe file for automatic installation.