- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Nov 01 2011 05:43 PM
- Last Updated: Nov 20 2011 11:00 AM
- File Size: 636.34K
- Views: 1770
- Downloads: 501
- Author: F.B. Meyer
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- F.B. Meyer Collection (14 files)
- Meyer, F. B. - Tried By Fire - Expositions of 1Peter
- Meyer, F. B. - The Way Into the Holiest - Expositions of Hebrews
- Meyer, F. B. - Jottings and Hints for Lay Preachers
- Meyer, F. B. - Christ In Isaiah
- Meyer, F. B. - Blessed Are Ye - Talks on the Beatitudes
- Meyer, F. B. - David, Shephard, Psalmist, King
- Meyer, F. B. - Calvary to Pentecost
- Meyer, F. B. - Samuel The Prophet
- Meyer, F. B. - Expository Preaching - Plans and Methods
- Meyer, F.B. - Meyer, FB - Through The Bible Commentary - 7 Volumes
- Meyer, F. B. - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Topic)
- Meyer, FB - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Devotional)
- Meyer, F. B. - Peter: Fisherman, Apostle, Disciple
- Meyer, F.B. - A Devotional Commentary on Philippians
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Meyer, F. B. - Cheer for Lifes Piligrimage
9.x - 10.x
About F.B. Meyer
Frederick Brotherton Meyer (1847–1929). Baptist pastor, Bible conference speaker and writer. Born in London, Meyer was convinced from his childhood that he would be a preacher.
While at Priory Street Church in 1873, Meyer befriended Dwight L. Moody and Ira D. Sankey, who had arrived in England to minister but had found that the two men who had invited them had died. Invited to York, Moody found Meyer very helpful in getting his campaign started. This friendship resulted in Moody inviting Meyer to America in 1891, the first of twelve trips. He spoke at the East Northfield Summer Conference for two weeks and proved to be so popular that he was asked to give post-conference addresses. In one meeting at Northfield, J. Wilbur Chapman was touched by Meyer’s preaching and testified later to a life-changing commitment made there.
Prior to his coming to the U.S., his written works had received much attention. His biographies of Bible characters gained great popularity, as did his expositional and devotional works.
About Cheer for Life's Pilgrimage
This book is a collection of messages about daily, Christian living with devotional overtones. Meyer also focuses on bringing happiness to those suffering, dealing with disappointment, and living with pain in his usual, uplifting style of writing.
Chapter 1: Statutes and Songs
Chapter 2: The Night is Far Spent, the Day is at Hand
Chapter 3: It is the Lord
Chapter 4: Our Gentle Schoolmistress
Chapter 5: The Gospel Mould
Chapter 6: Scriptures and Power
Chapter 7: Stilled and Quieted
Chapter 8: A New Covenant
Chapter 9: Christ and Pain
Chapter 10: Good for a Time
The Module Robot found this resource elsewhere on the Internet, along with few dozen others. This resource was not formatted by BibleSupport.com, but we did "touch-up" the text. When I want a 30 minute project, I take one of these files the Module Robot found and prepare it for distribution. The formatting is a 9 out of 10.
This download includes both the topx file and a self-installing version. Inexperienced users should download the self installing .exe file for automatic installation.