- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Sep 19 2011 03:07 PM
- Last Updated: Jan 30 2012 12:54 AM
- File Size: 1.24MB
- Views: 1733
- Downloads: 741
- Author: F.B. Meyer
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Suggest New Tag:: baptist
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- F.B. Meyer Collection (14 files)
- Meyer, F. B. - Tried By Fire - Expositions of 1Peter
- Meyer, F. B. - The Way Into the Holiest - Expositions of Hebrews
- Meyer, F. B. - Cheer for Lifes Piligrimage
- Meyer, F. B. - Jottings and Hints for Lay Preachers
- Meyer, F. B. - Blessed Are Ye - Talks on the Beatitudes
- Meyer, F. B. - David, Shephard, Psalmist, King
- Meyer, F. B. - Calvary to Pentecost
- Meyer, F. B. - Samuel The Prophet
- Meyer, F. B. - Expository Preaching - Plans and Methods
- Meyer, F.B. - Meyer, FB - Through The Bible Commentary - 7 Volumes
- Meyer, F. B. - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Topic)
- Meyer, FB - Our Daily Homily (5 Volumes - Devotional)
- Meyer, F. B. - Peter: Fisherman, Apostle, Disciple
- Meyer, F.B. - A Devotional Commentary on Philippians
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Meyer, F. B. - Christ In Isaiah
9.x - 10.x
Suggest New Tag::
Frederick Brotherton Meyer (1847–1929). Baptist pastor, Bible conference speaker and writer. Born in London, Meyer was convinced from his childhood that he would be a preacher.
While at Priory Street Church in 1873, Meyer befriended Dwight L. Moody and Ira D. Sankey, who had arrived in England to minister but had found that the two men who had invited them had died. Invited to York, Moody found Meyer very helpful in getting his campaign started. This friendship resulted in Moody inviting Meyer to America in 1891, the first of twelve trips. He spoke at the East Northfield Summer Conference for two weeks and proved to be so popular that he was asked to give post-conference addresses. In one meeting at Northfield, J. Wilbur Chapman was touched by Meyer’s preaching and testified later to a life-changing commitment made there.
Prior to his coming to the U.S., his written works had received much attention. His biographies of Bible characters gained great popularity, as did his expositional and devotional works.
Description of this Book (Amazon):
F. B. Meyer unveils the Savior in chapters 40 through 55 of Isaiah's prophecy. Meyer's vivid language extracts the meanings and applications behind these powerful prophetic words. Just as Phillip explained the meaning of Isaiah 53 to the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8:26-35, Meyer reveals Jesus Christ in Isaiah and Christian experience to us in Isaiah’s prophecy. As with Meyer's other writings, Christ In Isaiah, written in his matchless prose, captures the meaning of Isaiah's prophecies unlike any other writer could.
Reviews of this Book (Amazon):
The Love of God, Hope of Salvation, as well as the cost and reward of obedience are revealed through the prophetic writings of Isaiah. A beautiful portrait of our Savior Jesus Christ!
This resource was not formatted by BibleSupport.com. This resource was found with about 20 other e-Sword resources of varying quality. The quality of this resource is approximately a 9 out of 10 and required no reformatting.