- New Content
- Message Board
- Submitted: Jun 23 2011 09:21 AM
- Last Updated: Apr 17 2013 04:57 AM
- File Size: 1.24MB
- Views: 1824
- Downloads: 358
- Author: Schweitzer, Albert
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Schweitzer, Albert - Quest of the Historical Jesus 1.0
Christology Jesus Studies
9.x - 10.x
The Quest of the Historical Jesus
A Critical Study of its Progress from Reimarus to Wrede
By Albert Schweitzer
D. THEOL., D. PHIL., D. MED.
Translated by W. Montgomery
From the First German Edition "Von Reimarus zu Wrede," 1906.
With a Preface by F. C. Burkitt, D.D.
First English Edition, 1910.
Published in Great Britain by A. & C. Black, Ltd.
This Work is in the Public Domain. Copy Freely
Table of Contents
1. The Problem 1
2. Hermann Samuel Reimarus 13
3. The Lives of Jesus of the Earlier Rationalism 27
4. The Earliest Fictitious Lives of Jesus 38
5. Fully Developed Rationalism - Paulus 48
6. The Last Phase of Rationalism - Hase and Schleiermacher 58
7. David Friedrich Strauss - The Man and his Fate 68
8. Strauss's First "Life of Jesus" 78
9. Strauss's Opponents and Supporters 96
10. The Marcan Hypothesis 121
11. Bruno Bauer 137
12. Further Imaginative Lives of Jesus 161
13. Renan 180
14. The "Liberal" Lives of Jesus 193
15. The Eschatological Question 223
16. The Struggle against Eschatology 242
17. Questions regarding the Aramaic Language, Rabbinic Parallels, and Buddhistic Influence 270
18. The Position of the Subject at the Close of the Nineteenth Century 294
19. Thoroughgoing Scepticism and Thoroughgoing Eschatology 330
20. Results 398
What's New in Version 1.0 (See full changelog)
- Tool-tipped and formatted.