- New Content
- Message Board
- Submitted: Jun 21 2011 03:14 PM
- Last Updated: Sep 19 2013 06:12 PM
- File Size: 1.84MB
- Views: 17639
- Downloads: 13,252
- Author: R.A. Torrey
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- Torrey, R. A. - The Fundamentals of the Christian Faith, Volumes 1-4 (unabridged).topx.exe
- Torrey, R.A. - How to Obtain the Fullness of Power
- Torrey, R. A. - Is the Bible the Inerrant Word of God
- Torrey, R.A. - Baptism with the Holy Spirit
- Torrey, R. A. - How to Study the Bible for Greatest Profit
- Torrey, R.A. - Difficulties in the Bible
- Torrey, R. A. - Pocket Guide For Christian Workers
- Torrey, R. A. - First Steps in Faith
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
R.A. Torrey Collection 1.0
9.x - 10.x
Updated 8/8/2011: Added 32 topical files from Operation Heaven Sent.
Reuben Archer Torrey (1856-1928), American evangelist, pastor, educator, and writer. He graduated from Yale University in 1875 and Yale divinity School in 1878, following which, Torrey became a Congregational minister in Garrettsville, Ohio.
After further studies of theology at Leipzig University and Erlangen University in 1882-1883, Torrey joined Dwight L. Moody in his evangelistic work in Chicago in 1889, and became superintendent of the Bible Institute of the Chicago Evangelization Society (now Moody Bible Institute). Five years later, he became pastor of the Chicago Avenue Church (now The Moody Church) in 1894.
In 1902–1903, he preached in nearly every part of the English-speaking world, and with song leader Charles Alexander, conducted revival services in Great Britain in 1903–1905. During this period, he also visited China, Japan, Australia, and India. Torrey conducted a similar campaign in American and Canadian cities in 1906–1907. Throughout these campaigns, Torrey utilized a meeting style that he borrowed from Moody's campaigns of the 1870s.
Torrey was one of the most prolific writers among the evangelicals of his generation. He wrote or edited forty books and scores of booklets and articles on a wide range of subjects, devoting special attention to the defense of the authenticity of Scripture and the cardinal doctrines of the Christian faith.
What's New in Version 1.0 (See full changelog)
- Tool-tipped, formatted, files renamed to standard, and combined collections.