- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jan 20 2018 08:10 AM
- Last Updated: Jul 24 2018 10:43 AM
- File Size: 44.6MB
- Views: 1730
- Downloads: 311
- Author: Andre Dellerba
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Suggest New Tag:: Harmony of Gospels
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
2018 Holy Gospels in One July 2018
New Testament Scripture Gospels History Biblical Studies Matthew Mark Luke John Jesus Studies Textual Criticism
9.x - 10.x
Suggest New Tag::
Harmony of Gospels
Holy Gospels in One is a word for word English translation of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John into a single chronological narrative.
Each Greek word from the Greek Received Text is translated into English and diligently sequenced into one Gospel narrative. Thereby dispelling “so-called” Gospel contradictions and empowering Bible scholars to analyse scripture across the Gospels with ease. Leading to a dynamic and enriched Bible study experience.
The unique colour coding enables cross referencing of each word or phrase from Matthew (Blue), Mark (Green), Luke (Red) and John (Purple). If there is a common sentence in the Gospels then that sentence which is most complete is used. If another Gospel has a word or phrase which is unique, then that word or phrase is added to that sentence. For example, Luke 23:25b; John 19:16; Matthew 27:31; and Mark 15:20:
Holy Gospels in One narrative reads: Now therefore then he (Pilate) delivered Him, Jesus, unto them, to their will in order to be crucified. Now they having taken Jesus and led Him away. And when, after they had mocked Him, they having stripped Him of the scarlet military robe and the purple garment and clothed Him with His garments and led Him away to crucify, in order for them to crucify Him.
The Greek Source Text for the Holy Gospels in One narrative was Stephanus AD 1550 Received Text.
Specific attention was made to textual translation accuracy by comparing the translation to the King James Version AD 1769, while cross referencing the below sources.
- Translations based on Greek Byzantine and Received Texts: Tyndale, Sir J Green’s Greek Interlinear.
- Translation based on the Peshito Aramaic Text: James Murdock.
- Translations based on the Peshitta Aramaic Text: Interlinear Younan Translation and Interlinear George Lamsa.
- Translation of the Gospels based on the Latin Vulgate by Jerome: Wycliffe.
- For tenses and plurality, the following were used: Robinson’s Morphological Analysis Codes of Stephanus AD 1550, with variants of Scrivener AD 1894 Received Text.
- For definitions: Strong’s Aramaic & Greek lexicons, the Complete Word Study Dictionary and Thayer’s Greek definitions.
- For city and town locations: 1st Century Maps and Charts were uniquely compiled, where some credible sources differ on cities and towns, then writers from the first four centuries (incl. Flavius Josephus) and the latest archaeological discoveries were used to determine the most probable location.
What's New in Version July 2018 (See full changelog)
- Updated Data on 1st Century units of Measures.
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 8,417 Total Files
- 50 Total Categories
- 218 Total Contributors
- 4,885,597 Total Downloads
- Bible Atlas and Color New Testament Charts and Maps Latest File
- djmarko53 Latest Submitter