- New Content
- Message Board
- Submitted: Aug 12 2016 02:59 PM
- Last Updated: Aug 27 2016 08:33 AM
- File Size: 12.29MB
- Views: 8519
- Downloads: 2,148
- Author: A. Rahlfs, M. Holmes
- e-Sword Version: Requires 10.1+
- Tab Name: Greek
- Suggest New Tag:: New Testament, Old Testament, Apparatus, Variants, NA28, Greek, Septuagint, Apocrypha
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Complete Greek Bible with NT variants and OT alternate texts 1.2
A. Rahlfs, M. Holmes
Suggest New Tag::
New Testament, Old Testament, Apparatus, Variants, NA28, Greek, Septuagint, Apocrypha
Requires e-Sword 11+ for windows or e-sword for iOS
This module includes Septuagint OT and SBL NT.
- Old Testament:
- Rahlf's Septuagint alternate texts: In some books or chapters, Rahlf's Septuagint presents two different texts, from different manuscripts. The Bible module offers the text included in e-Sword Greek OT, while the Commentary module offers the alternate text when it is available. Versions for each book are detailed in Bible and Commentary information, from e-Sword menu.
- Mapped versification: Old e-Sword LXX module (until version 10) used to have versification mapped to Hebrew, so you had the same text when comparing different Bibles. This has changed in e-Sword 11, now the Greek OT module presents the verses in the Septuagint order, which means that if you want to compare them with Hebrew or any modern translation, sometimes you need to be switching chapters. This module recovers the mapped versification of the previous version, and adds some new verse mappings, according to Rahlf's footnotes.
- Several errors corrected from original e-Sword module.
- New Testament:
- Variants from all major critical editions, including NA28: Bible module features SBL Greek New Testament, and the Commentary module features the complete apparatus, updated to reflect all variants in: Nestle-Aland 28/UBS 5, NA27/UBS 4, Robinson-Pierpont Byzantine Textform 2005, Westcott-Hort, Textus Receptus, Tregelles. Original work by Dr. Michael W. Holmes, with a few additions of mine. An explanation of the critical symbols is available in module's information from the e-Sword menu.
What's New in Version 1.2 (See full changelog)
- - Added some more mappings in Exodus, Numbers, Deutoronomy, Joshua and 3/1Kings
- - Many typos corrected.
- - Removed blue color from Deutercanonicals/Apocrypha and added indentation in NT apparatus, all for better readability.
- - Changed the extension to .bbli and .cmti, so Mac users don't need to rename the files.
- 1.1: Some typos corrected, and one missing variant added in Matthew 5:23.
- 1.0: Initial release.