- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Apr 27 2016 07:21 PM
- Last Updated: Apr 27 2016 07:21 PM
- File Size: 10K
- Views: 1520
- Downloads: 112
- Author: John Wesley
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Suggest New Tag:: methodist, methodism, john wesley, wesleyan
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Wesley, John - Thoughts Upon Methodism 1.0
9.x - 10.x
Suggest New Tag::
methodist, methodism, john wesley, wesleyan
I am not afraid that the people called Methodists should ever cease to exist either in Europe or America. But I am afraid, lest they should only exist as a dead sect, having the form of religion without the power. And this undoubtedly will be the case, unless they hold fast both the doctrine, spirit, and discipline with which they first set out.
What was their fundamental doctrine? That the Bible is the whole and sole rule both of Christian faith and practice. Hence they learned,
1. That religion is an inward principle; that it is no other than the mind that was in Christ; or, in other words, the renewal of the soul after the image of God, in righteousness and true holiness.
2. That this can never be wrought in us, but by the power of the Holy Ghost.
3. That we receive this, and every other blessing, merely for the sake of Christ: And,
4. That whosoever hath the mind that was in Christ, the same is our brother, and sister, and mother.