- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Mar 12 2016 06:53 AM
- Last Updated: Mar 12 2016 06:54 AM
- File Size: 10.44MB
- Views: 2908
- Downloads: 712
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
- Tab Name: analytical, greek, nt, lxx, septuagint, parsing, morphology, strong, lemma
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
Other Modules By Same Author
- No modules found
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Analytical Lexicon of Biblical Greek (LXX + GNT); parsing; strong; lemma; dictionary links (apple edition; e-sword; OS X, iOS) 1.0
9.x - 10.x
analytical, greek, nt, lxx, septuagint, parsing, morphology, strong, lemma
Compiled by: Eliran Wong
This module are built from 2 official bible modules, freely provided by MySword team, GRV and ALXX. GRV is chosen for NT words, in order to cover NT words of different forms as much as possible, coz GRV has variants from different editions.
Remarks: while I built this lexicon, I found official MySword ALXX has the following 4 typos, which I corrected in this lexicon (I may post the fixed ALXX here later if no one else do this):
Psa 78:42 - ε εκ<WG1537><WTprep>
Psa 150:5 - αλαλαγμου<WT2 GSM>
Isa 14:2 - κατακληρονομησουσιν<WTVF FAI3P>
2Ch 30:22 - συνιοντων<WG4895><WTV) PAPGP>
What this lexicon does?
simply type in a biblical Greek word (wither LXX or GNT), even non-lexical form, this dictionary give you parsing information, corresponding Strong's number(s) & lemma word, links to several dictionaries.
- Search by different forms of biblical Greek words (this module cover a total of 43897 words in both LXX and GNT)
- you will simply get the morphological / parsing information + corresponding Strong's numbers
- if those words are in NT, you will get corresponding lemma word and several dictionary links too
- those words are only found in LXX but not in GNT, are marked [LXX], please note some LXX words may not have Strong's numbers
Remarks: you need to install your favourite Strong's dictionary and RMAC separately.
Why need this lexicon when?
- when you need parsing or Strong's number information for a particular biblical Greek word, especially when you are not sure of its lexical form. most hard copy lexicon only search words by lemma words, but with this one you can search by different morphological forms
- when you read printed books, academic articles, website, critical apparatus, where the words are not tagged
- for bible module builder, I think it is better to link every Greek word to this dictionary, rather than doing tagging one by one. tagging word one by one introduce greater chance of error.
- for seminary student, this may help you cross check your coursework answer or finish your coursework quicker, read academic book or articles, but no cheating, ok?
Why no accents?
- so you can quickly type with your greek keyboard
MySword users ?
This download is only for e-Sword (Apple, OSx, iOS), but I found this dictionary extremely useful to myself, so I will build this for MySword ... please found in MySword downlaod area at biblesupport.com ...