- New Content
- Message Board
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Mar 27 2015 05:41 AM
- Last Updated: Mar 27 2015 05:42 AM
- File Size: 3.75MB
- Views: 1692
- Downloads: 341
- Author: John Piper
- e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
If our e-Sword and MySword modules have blessed you, please consider a small donation.
Your donation pays only for dedicated server hosting, bandwidth, software licenses, and capital equipment (scanners, OCR equipment, etc).
e-Sword 9+ Module Download:
Piper, John - 52 Key Sermons 1.0
9.x - 10.x
The following 52 sermons by John Piper come from an array of topics. We asked ourselves, “If we could get only one sermon posted each week for a year, translated into a particular language, which ones would we do?” Another way to phrase it is, “If we were only able to provide 52 sermons to a particular language group, which ones would we deem essential?”
As we labored over this list, it occurred to us that it might be helpful to English-language readers as well.
I am very thankful to David Mathis Executive Editor of desiringGOD.org for giving permission to make the module.
By John Piper. ©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org
About John Piper
John Stephen Piper was born January 11, 1946, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, to Bill and Ruth Piper. The Pipers soon moved to Greenville, South Carolina, where John spent his growing-up years. His father was an itinerant evangelist who also ministered through international radio and Bible courses. Education
At Wheaton College (1964-68), John majored in Literature and minored in Philosophy. Studying Romantic Literature with Clyde Kilby stimulated the poetic side of his nature and today he regularly writes poems to celebrate special family occasions and rich, biblical truths. At Wheaton John also met Noël Henry whom he married in 1968.
Following college, he completed a Master of Divinity degree at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California (1968–71). While at Fuller, John discovered the writings of Jonathan Edwards.
John did doctoral work in New Testament Studies at the University of Munich, Munich, West Germany (1971–74). His dissertation, Love Your Enemies, was published by Cambridge University Press and Baker Book House (and is now available through Crossway). Upon completion of his doctorate, he went on to teach Biblical Studies at Bethel College in St. Paul, Minnesota, for six years (1974–80). Bethlehem Baptist Church
In 1980, sensing an irresistible call to preach, John became the senior pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where he ministered for 33 years, until 2013. Together with his people, John was dedicated to spreading a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ — a mission he continues now for the wider church through the ministry of desiringGod.org. Present Ministry and Family
John is the author of over 50 books and now frequently travels to speak, and writes regularly, through Desiring God. He also serves as chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary, Minneapolis, Minnesota. John and Noël have four sons, a daughter, and twelve grandchildren.
God / Trinity
- The Pleasure of God in His Son
- Sustained by Sovereign Grace—Forever
- Foreknown, Predestined, Conformed to Christ
- The Sale of Joseph and the Son of God
- Holy, Holy, Holy Is the Lord of Hosts
- Is God for Us or for Himself?
- Open My Eyes that I May See
- Wonderful Things from Your Word
- The Fatal Disobedience of Adam and the Triumphant Obedience of Christ
- In the Beginning Was the Word
- The Word Was Made Flesh
- We Beheld His Glory, Full of Grace and Truth
- Why Was Jesus Put to Death and Raised Again?
- The Mighty and Merciful Message of Romans 1-8
- God Justified the Ungodly
- God's Good News Concerning His Son
- What Happens in the New Birth, Part 1
- What Happens in the New Birth, Part 2
- God Strengthens Us by the Gospel
- Eternal Security Is a Community Project
- Why and How We Celebrate the Lord's Supper
- What Baptism Portrays
- Strengthen Each Other's Hands in God
- The Triumph of the Gospel in the New Heavens and the New Earth
- God Did Not Spare His Own Son
- Pastoral Thoughts on the Doctrine of Election
- The Sinful Origin of the Son of David
- Passion for the Supremacy of God Part 1
- Passion for the Supremacy of God Part 2
- Boasting Only in the Cross
- Your Job As Ministry
- Called to Suffer and Rejoice: For Holiness and Hope
- Called to Suffer and Rejoice: That We Might Gain Christ
- Called to Suffer and Rejoice: To Finish the Aim of Christ's Afflictions
- Called to Suffer and Rejoice: For an Eternal Weight of Glory
- Let Us Go with Jesus Bearing Reproach
- Be Devoted to Prayer
- Ask Your Father in Heaven
- Male and Female He Created Them in the Image of God
- Marriage: God’s Showcase of Covenant-Keeping Grace
- Parenting with Hope in the Worst of Times
- What Is the Will of God and How Do We Know It?
- Quest: Joy! Found: Christ!
- Doing Missions When Dying Is Gain
- Holy Ambition: To Preach Where Christ Has Not Been Named
- Prosperity Preaching: Deceitful and Deadly
- Why Expositional Preaching Is Particularly Glorifying to God
- Tolerance, Truth-Telling, Violence, and Law
- How Shall We Love Our Muslim Neighbor?
- Jesus Is the End of Ethnocentrism
- The Authority and Nature of the Gift of Prophecy
- Magnifying God with Money