15. THE IMAGE OF THE BEAST
“And he took from their hand and formed it with an engraving tool, and made a moulded calf. And they said, ‘This is your idol, O YisraYah, that brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim!’”
“…They have made themselves a moulded calf, and have bowed themselves to it and slaughtered to it, and said, ‘This is your idol, O YisraYah, who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim!’”
“And he leads astray those dwelling on the earth because of those signs which he was given to do before the beast, saying to those dwelling on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword, yet lived. And there was given to him to give RUACH to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause to be killed as many as would not worship the image of the beast.”
The Command was given not to worship the beast and it image:
It is been written, “I am YAHUAH your Yahu, who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim, out of the house of slavery. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of that which is in the shamayim above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth, and you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, YAHUAH your Yahu, am a jealous Ĕl, visiting the wickedness of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and guard My Commands” Shemoth 20:2-6.
In Hazon 16:2 and 19:20, it is written, “And the first (messenger) went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and an evil and wicked sore came upon the men, those having the mark of the beats and those worshipping his image.” “And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he led astray those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshipped his image. The two were thrown alive into the lake of fire burning with sulphur.”
Satan made this statement in the presence of YAHUAH our Yahu: “How you have fallen from the shamayim, O Hělěl, son of the morning! You have been out down to the ground, you who laid low the gentiles! For you have said in your heart, ‘Let me go up to the shamayim, let me raise my throne above the stars of El, and let me sit in the mount of meeting (congregation) on the sides of the north; let me go up above the heights of the clouds, let me be like the Most High.’” YeshaYahu 14:12-14.
Do you understand what is been said? Satan what’s to go up into the shamayim, and raised his thrown above the thrown of YAHUAH and His messengers. He want to sit on-top of the mount of congregation and been worshipped like the Most High. The lair and deceiver want to be worshipped in place of YAHUAH the Might One and Most High, he want to be esteemed as Yahu.
To what extend will he go in fulfilling his mission?
What is the image of the beast?
Let’s see what is the answer the QODESH Scriptures of YAHUAH gives us?
Definition of the word “Image”:
According to the Oxford dictionary an “image” is:
1) A representation of the external form of a person or thing
2) The character or reputation of a person or thing in sculpture or painting
3) An optical appearance or counterpart produced by light or other radiation from an object reflected in a mirror or reflected through a lens
4) Semblance or Likeness
5) A person or thing that closely resembles another
6) A typical example
7) A mental representation
8) An idea or conception
It is written:
Berěshith 1:26“And Yahu said, ‘Let Us make man in Our likeness (image), and let them rule over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the shamayim, and over the livestock, and over all the earth and over all the creeping creatures that creep on the earth.”
Berěshith 1:27 “…Yahu created the man in His image, in the image of Yahu He created him – male and female He created them.”
MattithYahu 1:20-21 “…for that which is in her was brought forth from the RUACHha’QODESH. And she shall give birth to a Běn, and you shall call His Name….for He shall save His people from their sins.”
Out of these, above mentioned verses and with YeshaYahu 14:12-14 in mind, we would know why they, devil worshipping agencies, crafted an image of worship for the beast [which will acting in the authority of the dragon]:
1) Made it in the image ofYahu (Berěshith 1:26)
2) Made it in the likeness of man (Berěshith 1:26-27, MattithYahu 1:21)
3) Made it visible…(Berěshith 1:26-27, MattithYahu 1:21)
4) Made it for a purpose “to save”… (Berěshith 1:26-27, MattithYahu 1:21)
It is created in the image of the beast, in the likeness of a běn (man), visible to all mankind to see with the purpose to lead all mankind astray. This is my understanding, but what does Scripture teach us regarding this image, its likeness and purpose?
One thing we need to understand is the manner how satan will deceive all earth in following in “QODESH” worship after him. We need to remember that satan is a master in lying and deception, and we need to remember that Scripture said that his plan will work so perfectly that even the QODESHah could be mislead.
Can we get an understanding of what the image of the beast look like, by reading through Scripture? If the devil plans to sit on the mount of congregation, would it not be a perfect hiding place? Hear follows Scriptures point of view in regard to the looks of the image of the beast:
1) Shemoth 20:4 says “You do not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of that which is in the shamayim above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth.”
Three locations are mentioned of possible idols which could fit the profile of this image?
§ In the shamayim: Idols to the likeness of YAHUAH –the birds, the Sun, the Moon, and stars (Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, the Stars – These are called the hosts of the shamayim)
§ On the earth: Idols made to the likeness of YAHUAH, physical or Spiritual, into the likeness of all creatures, like the golden calf (Shemoth 32:4-6)
§ In the waters under the earth: Idols to the likeness of YAHUAH into the form of an physical or spiritual being to the likeness of the fish, like the idol which is called “dagon”
2) Debarim 27:18 says “Cursed is he who misleads the blind in the way...” [The blind represent those who knew nothing]
3) 2 Melakim 21:7 says “…a carved image of Ashěrah [and place it] in the House of…YAHUAH…’”
4) Tehillim 17:15 says “As for me, let Me see Your face in righteousness; I am satisfied – Your appearance when I awake.”
5) Tehillim 78:58 says “For they enraged Him with their high places, and moved Him to jealousy with their carved images.”
6) Tehillim 106:19 says “They made a calf in Horěb, and bowed down to a moulded image.”
The calf relates to the Egyptian idol Apis – Let look at some of the available informationon this idol:
Information from www.britannica.com:
Apis – Egyptian Hap, Hep, or Hapi, in the ancient Egyptian religion, sacret bull deity worshipped at Memphis. The cult of Apis originated at least as early as the 1st dynasty (c. 2925-2775 bce). Like other bull deities, Apis was probably at fist a fertility idol concerned with the propagation of grain and herbs, but he became associated with Ptah, the paramount deity of the Memphite area, and also with Osiris (as User-Hapi) and Sokaris, idols of the dead and of the underworld. As Apis-Atum he was associated with the solar cult and was often represented with the sun-disk between his horns.
It was probably in Memphis that the worship of Serapis (after the Greek from Osorapis, a combination of Osiris and Apis in the image of an eastern Greek idol) arose under Ptolemy I Soter (305-282 bce0). From Alexandria it spread to become one of the most widespread Eastern cults in the Roman Empire.
Calf worship in the ISBE Bible Encyclopedia:
Ancient Calf worship: The origin of animal worship is hidden in obscurity, but reverence for the bull and cow is found widespread among the most ancient historic cults.
Golden Calf in Easton’s Bible Dictionary:
The golden calf which Aaron made was probably a copy of the idol Moloch rather than of the idol Apis, the sacred ox or calf of Egypt. The Jews showed all through their history a tendency towards the Babylonian and Canaanitish idolatry rather than towards that of Egypt. Ages after this, Jeroboam, king of Israel, set up two idol calves, one at Dan, and the other at Bethel that he might thus prevent the ten tribes from resorting to Jerusalem for worship (1 Kings 12:28). These calves continued to be a snare to the people till the time of their captivity. The calf at Dan was carried away in the reign of Pekah by Tiglath-pileser, and that at Bethel ten years later, in the reign of Hoshěa, by Shalmaneser (2 Kings 15:29; 17:33). This sin of Jeroboam is almost always mentioned along with his name (2 Kings 15:28) .
Calf worship in Fausset’s Bible Dictionary:
The Israelites “in Egypt” had served the Egyptian idols (Joshua 24:14), including the sacred living bull Apis, Basis, and Mnevis, and sacred cows Isis and Athor, worshipped for their utility to man, and made symbols of the sun and Osiris. In fact Nature, not the personal Creator, God, was symbolized by the calf and worshipped. But Aaron’s golden calf he expressly calls,“thy Yahu which brought thee up out of Egypt”; and the feast to it “a feast to Jehovah” (Exodus 32:4-8; 32:17-19).
7) Shemoth 32:4 says “…he formed it with an engraving tool, and made a moulded calf. And they said, ‘This is your idol, O YisraYah, that brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim.”
“They have turned aside quickly out of the Way which I commanded them. They have made themselves a moulded calf, and bowed themselves to it and slaughter to it, and said, ‘This is our idol…who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim (Egypt)” Shemoth 32:8 says “.”
8) YeshaYahu 40:19 says “The workman moulds a graven image, and the goldsmith overspreads it with gold, and the silversmith casts silver chains.”
9) YeshaYahu 44:15 says “And it shall be for a man to burn, for he takes some of it and warms himself. He also kindles it and shall bake bread. He also makes a idol and bows himself to it – has made it a carved image and falls down before it.”
10) Yehezqěl 8:3-5 says “…in visions of Yahu to Yerushalayim, to the door of the north gate of the inner court, where the seat of the image of jealousy was, which causes jealousy…north of the gate I saw this image of jealousy in the entrance.”
Image of jealousy: “The image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy” (KJV).
Debarim 4:15-19: “…you shall do corruptly and shall make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure – the likeness of male or female, the likeness of any beast that is on theearth or the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the shamayim, the likeness of any creature that creeps on the ground or the likeness of any fish that is in the water under the earth; and lest you lift up your eyes to the shamayim, and shall see the sun, and moon, and the stars – all the host of the shamayim – and you be drawn away into bowing down to them and serving them…”
11) DaniYah2:31says “…saw a great image! This great image, and its brightness excellent, was standing before you, and its form was awesome.”
This image looked like:
1.1. Head Is made of fine gold
1.2. Chest and 2 arms Is made of silver
1.3. Abdomen and thighs Is made of bronze1.4. Legs is made of iron
1.5. Feet and 10 toes are mede of iron and clay
Great image, its brightness excellent
2.5. FEET & 10 TOES
3.2. Madites & Parsians
3.5. Rome & Occupants
12) DaniYah 3:1says “…the sovereign made an image of gold, whose height sixty ammah and its width six ammah. He out it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babel.”
Size of the statue is:
1 x Ammah is equal to 44.5cm
Its height is then 2670cm and that’s equal to 26.7m
Its width is then 267cm and that’s equal t0 2.67m
The worshipping ceremony:
- “all the viceroys, the nobles, the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the magistrates and the officials of the provinces…come together to the dedication of the image which [the head of Babylon] put up” (DaniYah 3:2)
- “they stood before the image”
Proclamation was given by the herald:
“To you it is commanded, O peoples, nations, and languages, that as soon as you hear the sound of the horn, the flute, the zither, the lyre, the harp, the pipes, and all kinds of [music] instruments, you shall fall down and do obeisance to the gold image that [the head] has put up” DaniYah 3:4-5.
Define a herald:
1- An a official employed to oversee state ceremonial,
- Precedence, and
-The use of annual bearings and
- (Historically) to make proclamation,
-Carry official message, and
Synonyms: messenger, courier, bearer of tidings.
2- A person or thing viewed as a sign that something is about to happen
Synonyms: harbinger, sign, indicator, signal, prelude, portent, omen, augury, forewarning, announcer.
3- Be a sign that something is about to happen
Synonyms:signal, indicate, announce, point to, spell, presage, augur portend, promise, prefigure, foreshadow, foretell.
“And whoever does not fall down and does not obeisance, is immediately thrown into the midst of a burning furnace of fire” DaniYah 3:6.
1- Deferential respect
Synonym: respect, homage, worship, adoration, veneration, respectfulness, honour, submission, deference.
- A gesture expressing deferential respect, such as a bow or curtsy
Synonym: bow, curtsy, genuflection, salaam, salutation
13) Hoshěa 11:2 says “They called to them, so they went from their face. They slaughtered to the Ba’als, and burned incense to carved images.”
14) Hoshěa 13:2 says “And now they sin more and more, and make for themselves moulded images from their silver, idols according to their skill, all of them the work of craftsmen. They say of them, ‘Let the men who slaughter kiss the calves!”
15) Amos 5:26 says “…you took up Sikkuth your sovereign and Kiyyun, your idols, your astray idol, which you made for yourselves!”
Define a) Sikkuth and Kiyyun:
a) Sikkuth (Direct translation: covering)
Kiyyun (Direct translation: statue/idol)
According to www.encyclopedia.com
Both:“Sikkuth and Kiyyun (Chiun). Sikkuth is identified with Sag/k.kud/t (transliterated in a Mesopotamian god list as Sa-ak-ku-ut), an astral deity known also from the “An” god list found at Ugarit (originally from Nippurian and other Mesopotamian sources, see Weidner, in bibl.)….Sikkuth has recently been identified with Ninurta, one of the chief Mesopotamain deities (know also in the “West” and sometimes indentified with Horon). Sikkuth in Amos is aperfect transliteration of this star deity. Its appellation, melekh (Akk.šarru, “king), alludes to the high rank of this deity, a (translated) classification device known from Ugaritic and other sources. This means that in the ritual to which Amos alludes Sikkuth is the most important figure.
Chuin is identified with the Akkadian Kajamānu (in Akkadian intervocalic m comes to be pronounced like w, and so m was often written even for original w), “the steady one” (sometimes sag.us), the appellation of the star god Saturn (hence Aramaic Kewan, Ar.Kaiwan). This pair of deities appears in astrological lists (of celestial observations) and also in the “release” (liptur) passage of the expiatory prayer and ritual known as Šurpu (2:180), among other gods of the night and stars: “…sag. Kud. Sag. uŠͩͩͩᵇImmerija [= ilu-wer, mentioned in the inscription of Zakr king of Hamath] release!” This may be translated as “may Sakkut, Kajamānu release [from sin].” The appellation ẓalmekhem in Amos denotes the Akkadian star-idol Ṣalmu, usually the second participant in the ritual of celestial and exchange the sacrificial cult with the accompanying sacred music for justice, or they will be exiled, along with the images of those deities beyond Damascus. He thus mentions the only in passing, and nothing is learned about the details of their cult in Israel.
Sikkuth is also Melekh (Moloch):
According to Merriam Webster Dictionary:
Moloch is a Semitic idol to whom children were sacrificed.
And www.biblestudytools.com Moloch is defined as follows:
The name of the national idol of the Ammonites, to whom children were sacrifices by fire. He was the consuming and destroying and also at the same time the purifying fire. In Amos 5:26, “your Moloch” of the Authorized Version is “your king” in the Revised Version (Compare Ma’aseh 7:43). Solomon (1 Melakim 11:7) erected a high place for this idol on the Mount of Olives, and from that time till the days of Josiah his worship continued (2 Melakim 23:10, 13). In the days of Jehoahaz it was partially restored, but after the Captivity wholly disappeared. He is also called Molech (Wayyiqra 18:21; 20:2-5, etc.). Milcom (1 Melakim 11:5, 33, etc.), and Malcham (TsephanYahu 1:5). This idol became Chemosh among the Moabites.
According to the Encyclopedias – International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Moloch is:
Mo’lok – A deity of the Ammonites, like the planet Saturn, a representative of the sun-idol in the particular aspect of a idol of time.
16) Mikah 1:7 says “…all her carved images shall be beaten in pieces, and all her gifts be burned with the fire. And all her idols I shall lay waste, for she gathered it from the hire of a *****, and they shall return to the hire of a *****.”
Hazon 17:3-6 says “And he carried me away in the RUACH into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast covered with names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup filled with abominations and the filthiness of her whoring, and upon her forehead a name written, a secret: BABEL THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE WHORES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the witnesses of YAHUSHA. And having seen her, I marveled – greatly marveled!”
17) Qolasim 1:15 says “who is the likeness of the invisible Yahu, the first-born of all creation.”
18) Qolasim 3:10 says “…have put on the new one who is renewed in knowledge according to the likeness of Him who created him.”
19) Ibrim 9:9 says “Which was a parable for the present time in which both gifts and slaughtering are offered which are unable to perfect the one serving, as to his conscience.”
20) Ibrim 10:1 says “For the Torah, having a shadow of the good to come, and not the image itself of the matters, was never able to make perfect those who draw near with the same slaughter offerings which they order continually year by year.”
21) Hazon 14:9 says “…If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark upon his forehead or upon his hand.”
According to what we learned above: What is the appearance of this image in question?
What if the devil used the QODESH Word of YAHUAH to turn YAHUAH’s believed creation against Him? The devil said that he will sit upon the mountain of congregation that is the mountain of religion, and be worshipped as Yahu!
What if the devil has changed the written Word of YAHUAH in such a manner that we esteem him just by reading the Scripture? Well the “what if” is not so far away, because that is exactly what he did. The devils had removed the Name of YAHUAH our Yahu from the QODESH Word of YAHUAH, and replace it with the words like “the Lord” or “Lord”. “The call the Lord God”, and the QODESH Scripture became “the QODESH Bible”! He removed the truth Name of the Běn of YAHUAH and replaced it with the name “Jesus”, and he is not called the Mashiah/Mashiah but the “Christ”.
If I may take the words of Exodus 32:1and Hazon 13:11-18, and apply it to our time, it will sound like this, “When the people saw that YAHUSHA was so long in coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together…and said…’Make us idols who go before us. For this YAHUSHA, the Man who brought us up out of the land of slavery (Mitsrayim/Egypt), we do not know what has become of Him.’ He (Hazon 13:11-14), saying to those dwelling on the earth to make an image in the likeness to the beast who was wounded but lived. There was given to the image of the beast a RUACH which causes the figure/image/likeness to speak. He (the image) causes all both small and great, and rich and poor, and free and slave, to be given a mark upon their right (righteous) hands (deeds) or upon their foreheads (minds/frontal lobe of the brain), and that no one should be able to buy or sell except he that has the mark, the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Let took the verse of points 1-21 and see if we can identify this “image of jealousy” – Abomination:
- They made a carved image to the Likeness of that which is in the shamayim above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth
- It misleads the blind in the way
- Made a carved image of Ashěrah and place it in the House of…YAHUAH…
- It will have face of righteousness; I am satisfied
- They placed it on their high places
- It is a calf in desolate
- They will call him idol our the savour
- Crafted by workman, goldsmith and silversmith
- It shall be for a man to burn and to warms himself; bake bread and bows himself to it
- It is placed at the northern of the gate (at the right side of the gate inside the courtyard) and is called the seat of the image of jealousy.
- It’s a great image, and its brightness excellent and its form was awesome.”
- Worship him with slaughtering and burned incense
- This image a representative of Sikkuth and Kiyyun
- Is the likeness of the first-born of all creation
- He is in the likeness of Him who created him
- Which was a parable for the present time in which both gifts and slaughtering are offered which are unable to perfect the one serving
- It’s been told that it is able to make perfect those who draw near with continually slaughter offerings of love
- If anyone worships the beast and his image, they will receive his mark upon their forehead or upon their hand