What is prophecy?
According to google.com:
- A PREDICTION OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE
Synonyms: prediction, forecast, prognostication, prognosis, divination, augury.
- THE FACULTY OR PRACTICE OF PROPHESYING
Synonyms: foretelling gazing, second sight, clairvoyance, prognostication
Scripture’s teachings regardingprophecy:
- 1 Qorin’tiyim 12:7-10, “And to each one is given the manifestation of the RUACH for profiting, for one is given a word of wisdom through the RUACH, and to another a word of knowledge according to the same RUACH, and to another belief by the same RUACH, and to another gifts of healing by the same RUACH, and to another operations of power, and to another nebuah, and to another discerning of spirits, and to another kinds of tongues, and to another interpretation of tongues.”
- 1 Qorin’tiyim 14:6, “…if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you, either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by nebuah, or by teaching.”
- 1 Qorin’tiyim 14:22, “…naba is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.”
- 1 Tas’loniqim 5:20-21, “Do not despise nebuoth (prophecies), proof them all. Hold fast what is good.”
- 1 Timotiyos 1:18-19, “This charge I entrust to you, son Timotheos, according to the nebuoth previously made concerning you, that by them you might wage the good campaign, having belief and a good conscience, which some have thrust aside and suffered shipwreck concerning their belief.”
- 1 Timotiyos 4:14, “Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by nebuah (prophecy) with the laying on of the hands of the elderhood.”
- 2 Kěpha 1:21, “Nebuah never came by the desire of man, but men of Yahu spoke, being moved by the RUACHha’QODESH.”
- Ma’aseh 11:28, “…indicated by the RUACH that there was going to be a great scarcity of food….”
- Prophecy gives warnings of danger in futuristic events:
“…we remained there seven days. And they told Sha’ul through the RUACH not to go…” Ma’aseh 21:4.
- Someone prophecy through the RUACH of Prophecy:
“…the witness of YAHUSHA is the RUACH of nebuah” Hazon 19:10.
“…two witnesses and they naba…” Hazon 11:3.
Prophecies which came through the RUACHha’QODESH as this effect on us:
- 1 ShemuYah/Samuel 10:6, “And the RUACH of YAHUAH shall come upon you, and you shall naba with them and be turned into another man.”
- 1 ShemuYah/Samuel 19:20, “…And they saw the assembly of the nebi’im naba, and ShemuYah standing as leader over them, and the RUACH of Yahu came upon the messengers of Sha’ul, and they also nabu.”
- 1 YirmeYahu/Jeremiah 11:15, “…the nebi’im who prophesy in My Name, whom I did not sent…By the sword and scarcity of food those nebi’im shall be consumed!”
- 1 YirmeYahu/Jeremiah 23:13, “…they prophesied by Ba’al and led” YAHUAH’S “people Yisra’ĕl astray.”
- 1 Ma’asěh/Acts 2:17-18, “…your sons and your daughters shall naba, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams…YAHUAH’S male– en female servants…shall naba.”
- 1 Ma’asěh/Acts 19:6, “…they were speaking in tongues and nabu.”
- 1 Qorin’tiyim/Corinthians 14:2, “…in the RUACH [you] speaks secrets.”
- 1 Qorin’tiyim/Corinthians 14:3, “For he who naba speaks upbuilding and encouragement and comfort to men.”
- Eph’siyim/Ephesians 1:17, 18, “…the Father of esteem, would give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, [and] the eyes of your understanding being enlightened, so that you know what is theexpectation of His calling, and what is the riches of theesteem of His inheritance in the Qodeshim.”
- Romiyim/Romans 15:13, “…fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you overflow with expectation by the power of the RUACHha’QODESH.”
- Romiyim/Romans 14:17, “…righteousness and peace and joy in the RUACHha’QODESH.”
- YeshaYahu/Isaiah 55:12, “…with joy you go out, and with peace you are brought in....”
- Romiyim/Romans 15:13, “…peace I give to you...”
- Galatiyim/Galatians 5:22-23, “…love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, trustworthiness, gentleness, self-control...”
- Romiyim/Romans 15:13, “…given everlasting encouragement and good expectation...”
- 1 Kěpha/Peter 1:8, “…you exult with unspeakable and esteemed joy...”