- New Content
- Message Board
Download e-Sword Resources
Commentaries Dictionaries Modern Authors Bible Translations Books Devotionals
Popular Download Areas:
View the 500 most downloaded e-Sword Modules.
e-Sword 10.2 will be released soon. Here's a sneak peak of what's coming:
Scripture references in the Bible view that have associated Study Notes will now display a wavy underline (in the Bible view). This is your reminder that a Study note exists for that verse.
The Reference Library now has automatic Bookmarks for every article. The Graphics Viewer also has automatic Bookmarks for each module. This allows e-Sword to "remember" where you were when you stopped reading, either when you switch to a new module or when you shut down e-Sword.
Most Commentary modules do not contain specific Chapter Notes. For those chapters that do not, the Chapter Notes mode will now display all of the Verse Notes for that chapter. This is very convenient for viewing those commentaries that have scattered notes.
The built-in Downloader now allows direct downloading of Premium modules without needing to run separate EXE files. A new Info... link displays additional information about the given module.
The VerseList feature will now accept numerous Scripture references at once for populating the list. For example, entering the following list is now valid:
Mat. 10:42; 2 Sam 9:1, 7; Prov. 14:31; 19:17; Mark 9:41; John 19:26-27; 21:15-17; 1 Cor 16:21-22; 2 Cor 4:5; 5:14-15; 8:7-9; Gal. 5:6, 13, 22; 1 Thess 4:9-10; 1 Pe 1:22; 1 John 3:14-19; 4:7-12, 20-21; 5:1-2
A new Editor hotkey Ctrl+Shift+J will convert a Scripture reference into Bible text. The Bible text is from your currently selected Bible and the formatting is based on the settings in the Copy Verses dialog.
A year ago, give or take a day or two, our friend Brent started work on ToolTip NT (also called T4), the successor to ToolTip 3. ToolTip NT is an e-Sword authoring tool, allowing anyone to make e-Sword modules. Or at least that's how it started. Now it's used well beyond e-Sword and even beyond Bible software in general.
Without ToolTip, the biggest e-Sword modules you see on this website wouldn't be here because we would have to spend our time developing tools rather than making modules.
ToolTip automatically converts verse references to e-Sword format with one of the best algorithms I've ever seen. And it works backwards, converting e-Sword tooltip references to their full (normal) text for publishing material outside of e-Sword. This is a huge time saver for making verse references for e-Sword or for other publishing needs, saving countless hours.
Top Downloads This Month
- Expositors Bible - 49 Volume Set - Commentary Format Available
- e-Sword Module Installer 0.4: Updated
- Hebrew Study Bible (Interlinear Hebrew Old Testament with Strong's numbers and transliteration)
- Morgan, G. Campbell - Exposition on the Whole Bible
- Utley, Bob - You Can Understand the Bible: Study Guide Commentary Series (NT, 13 vols)
- Lange, John Peter - Commentary on the Holy Scriptures: Critical, Doctrinal, and Homiletical (25 volumes)
- Exell, Joseph - Biblical Illustrator (56 vols) - Updated V2
- McClintock, John & Strong, James - Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature (12 vols)
- Simeon, Charles - Horae Homileticae Commentary (21 volumes)
- Pulpit Commentary (all 66 books) for e-Sword
- Guzik, David - Commentary on the whole Bible (Substantial Update)
- Constable, Thomas - Expository Notes of Dr. Constable (Commentary - 12 vols)
- Pulpit Commentary (Born Again)
- Meyer, Heinrich - Critical and Exegetical Commentary (20 vols)
- Cambridge Greek Testament for Schools and Colleges (21 vols)